DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying at the lake

The weather was finally nice.
From one mavic pilot to another... When you initially take off...
Angle the gimbal a little downward so when you move forward or backward you can avoid the propellers being seen..
Makes.the video looks a little cleaner and professional...
Great visuals btw...
Loved the ripples on the water....

Reactions: Former Member
From one mavic pilot to another... When you initially take off...
Angle the gimbal a little downward so when you move forward or backward you can avoid the propellers being seen..
Makes.the video looks a little cleaner and professional...
Great visuals btw...
Loved the ripples on the water....
I was just goofing off. I wasn't trying to make the video look good. [emoji39]

How high above the water were you flying? Living on a lake i'm thinking i may be doing a fair amount of time fying over water. I need to look into the chatter regarding turning sensors off. Also been seeing a little about sport mode.

How high above the water were you flying? Living on a lake i'm thinking i may be doing a fair amount of time fying over water. I need to look into the chatter regarding turning sensors off. Also been seeing a little about sport mode.

I fly over a lake about an hour from my house and I haven't had any issues but I also should check into the chatter.

I have found if I'm flying low over smooth water I'm fine with sensors on or off. However when I shoot Rapids on the river the Mavic starts moving up and down 2-3 feet.

At the lowest, maybe two feet. I don't turn any of the sensors off. But I also don't hover that low above the water. I always keep moving, then go up around 20 feet to hover. This way if a boat or jetski comes from behind I won't hit it or they hit me.
But the sensors have never been an issue for me.

Reactions: ToddR
At the lowest, maybe two feet. I don't turn any of the sensors off. But I also don't hover that low above the water. I always keep moving, then go up around 20 feet to hover. This way if a boat or jetski comes from behind I won't hit it or they hit me.
But the sensors have never been an issue for me.
Ahhh.. i thought so. I am still a little ways away from flying low over water.. That day will come.. Makes sense to not hover.. good point

Nice View.. this is why we buy this drone.. to explore.. :) happy flying mate.

Were you vLOS for that and if so how do you do that low over water. I would have lost sight of my MP well inside the distance you appear to have flown.

Were you vLOS for that and if so how do you do that low over water. I would have lost sight of my MP well inside the distance you appear to have flown.
No, just using the monitor. You have to remember that the quad is much higher than it looks on the ipad when flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty