DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Backwards Through Trees.

JS1600

Reactions
I think the reversing was to avoid the front OA from triggering and stopping the drone. I done it once with my MP, happy with the result, not planning to do that again, especially with my M2P.
With M2P, you need OA off, cos the rear OA would go off.
So in that regard, you can just fly forward with OA off. I guess the difference is if you accidentally hit a branch, you don't want to hit it with the camera.

Reactions: JS1600
Very close to trees and that power line. Would have been safer to record coming in and reverse it in post so that the vid played backwards.
It wasn't as tight as it looks, I did it through a few other holes that were even tighter but had to raise the drone at the end so the camera angle wasn't just right.
I don't think I'll be taking too many more risky flights like that because I really don't want to crash.
I only have about 60 flights on my Mavic 2's in the last two months so I'm still learning.
I am really enjoying being a Drone Pilot.

I think the reversing was to avoid the front OA from triggering and stopping the drone. I done it once with my MP, happy with the result, not planning to do that again, especially with my M2P.
With M2P, you need OA off, cos the rear OA would go off.
So in that regard, you can just fly forward with OA off. I guess the difference is if you accidentally hit a branch, you don't want to hit it with the camera.

I had it in SPORT mode.

My students run facing backwards sometimes, they are usually lucky but get stopped on occasion by a trash can, table or light pole. You are just lucky! :)

You're pretty risky! :)

Reactions: AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada