DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Drone from Parking Lot - Question

I am an owner of a Condo in Fort Myers Florida. The Condo manager told me that a Board member told him I can not fly my Drone their. I asked to see where it said that. The best the Manager could show me is this in the condo rules and regulations.
1573337474831.jpeg
hope you all can read it!
As an owner I do not see anything here about flying a Drone their.
I am doing all the things as a hobbyist FAA registered and flying in isolated area of condo.
Is their an issue with me flying their based on the condo rules??
Could use some feedback
If I would need legal advice where can I find it?
Is their a legal organization that would represent people that fly drones as a hobby or Drone flyers in general?

I am an owner of a Condo in Fort Myers Florida. The Condo manager told me that a Board member told him I can not fly my Drone their. I asked to see where it said that. The best the Manager could show me is this in the condo rules and regulations.
View attachment 85182
I am doing all the things as a hobbyist FAA registered and flying in isolated area of condo.
Could use some feedback
Is their a legal organization that would represent people that fly drones as a hobby or Drone flyers in general?
Added note nothing in the rules about the Condo parking lot. As far as I can see in the rules their is nothing to stop me from taking off or landing as a Condo Owner parking lot or vacant land said to be owned by the condo

View attachment 85182
Could use some feedback
While you could argue the point with a lawyer, I think the operative terminology that the board member is basing his opinion on is "any other motorized or human propelled toys or equipment are prohibited". That's vague to cover everything from leaf blowers to cruise missiles.

But, it only covers explicit areas (walkways, sidewalks, etc). It doesn't prohibit you from launching from the road, grassy areas, or your own private property (if you have a lawn to launch from).

I would join the board and get the rules clarified to protect your drone flying. Find the influential people on the board and offer to give them videos of them waving from their condo to send to their grandchildren. Since you are in Fort Myers, tell the condo manager that you can provide instant images of the rooftops for insurance purposes.

Reactions: Jovito
The board is a click of good old boys. Election for new board members are not for another year or two. The board has made it so that many owners have stopped going to the meetings and let’s the good old boys click do what ever they want. Hard to explain the situation but the board is corrupt. Hit the owners with 3 special assessments this year. The president of the board told me that Christmas was not a religious holiday. You disagree with them at a meeting they cut you off and do not let you speak. Hold meetings during the week in afternoons when many owners are at work and can not attend the meetings. 2/3 of the owners are snowbirds and are unable to attend the meetings. Very corrupt board and they get away with it.

As this hobby (or line of business) gains in popularity, I can see more people flying and there being more drones in the air in more places. I can see more pilots with less regard for others and all the potential problems and resultant regulations and restrictions.

I kinda think this hobby is going to seriously decline instead of grow thx to regulations and just a general "negative view" for drones.... as others have mentioned, privacy concerns, private property issues and regulation is limiting where you can fly.. especially in congested areas of the country. Time will tell... but I wouldn't want to invest in these companies too heavily!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423