DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Flying from a sailboat approaching rough weather.

Vernon

Reactions
We set off on a 280nm passage to the Banda Islands, Indonesia and the conditions were mild. Mid afternoon the squalls started piling up on the horizon and we just knew we would get smashed! Should have immediately gone to 2nd reef and ended up getting way over-powered. Lesson learnt I guess. Otherwise we had a very enjoyable passage, its been awhile since we have been offshore and I was more relaxed than ever and Marie also had her best passage ever.
Gotta love sailing.
Enjoi.

Living the dream there guys, must be so satisfying just plotting a course & heading out there, not something I could do to be honest, landlubber here, get too seasick just watching the boat rock, if they made a ship with complete lower gimbal system for sleeping etc I would love to try that, keep the videos coming, I like the idea of using the Mavic 2 Pro, would be ideal for sending it on scouting missions ahead, especially with the range that bird can fly, no wi-fi interference issues out there I bet.

Reactions: Vernon
I don't tend to get seasick. But I once, many years ago, took a cruise on the Norway (at the time the largest ship on the Caribbean), which apparently did have some kind of stabilization. I don't think it was an actual gimbal. It turned rough seas into a gentle rocking motion. That made me seasick.

I follow you two on a Sailing Forum and love your videos. I am a long-time sailor. I was surprised to see one of your here. Was hoping to see more of the storm.

Always a joy to watch your adventures. I understand not wanting to go to fast but WOW, 9+ knots must have been exhilarating! Keep the videos coming and good luck sailing.

Always a joy to watch your adventures. I understand not wanting to go to fast but WOW, 9+ knots must have been exhilarating! Keep the videos coming and good luck sailing.
Thanks Dave. I love pushing my boat, still waiting for the chance to really go fast downwind in big swells, I reckon she'll go over 20kts surfing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne