DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

flying from one island to another (Grenada-Caribbean)

Each to their own, but I don’t really understand why you would want to try this. Apart from the ‘bragging rights’, the footage is pretty boring, no?

Hope you don’t think I’m trying to be aggressive, I’m just interested in your motives - I know there are a millions different reasons people like to fly, but this seems like a lot of risk for very little gain!

Any other cool footage from the trip? ... I’d love to visit the Caribbean one day!

Cheers, jason

Each to their own, but I don’t really understand why you would want to try this. Apart from the ‘bragging rights’, the footage is pretty boring, no?

Hope you don’t think I’m trying to be aggressive, I’m just interested in your motives - I know there are a millions different reasons people like to fly, but this seems like a lot of risk for very little gain!

Any other cool footage from the trip? ... I’d love to visit the Caribbean one day!

Cheers, jason

Dji built the mavic to fly up to 4 miles so that’s why I flew it like that.....lol
You’ll love the island of Grenada ,so much scenery to see

Cheers, jason

the footage is kind of boring tho as i'm trying to learn final cut pro to do editing :)

@Dapper
Just curious about the laws and rules of Grenada. My wife and I are going to the sandals there and I want to use it while I'm there for the week. Thanks in advance.

Cheers, jason
I’ll tell you exactly why - because we can! That’s it, nothing more scientific or wondrous than bloody marvellous ! ;-)

@Dapper
Just curious about the laws and rules of Grenada. My wife and I are going to the sandals there and I want to use it while I'm there for the week. Thanks in advance.

The law says your supposed to report to a police station and tell them you’ll be flying but I didn’t bother ,as a matter of fact I had a policeman enquiring about my drone and wanted to take pictures......lol

@Dapper
Hi mate... made a little research as preparing a trip myself and @Dapper is right there isn't much out there other than flying with consideration of others and restricted zones. There is however a formal note from the police mentioning to ask for permission and they technically have the right to take your drone if you don't apply firstly.

Here's a map from airmap showing the entire island is under restricted flight zone.

I've summed up my findings here in case needed.
Have a good one!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter