DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Flying from Sausalito towards the Golden Gate Bridge

Very nice!
Time of day? Where were you able to launch from?
Any wind? Any restrictions?
One suggestion might be gain more altitude.

Very nice!
Time of day? Where were you able to launch from?
Any wind? Any restrictions?
One suggestion might be gain more altitude.
Bay front in Sausalito in an unrestricted area at about 4.30 pm
Flew over the water not to upset anybody
Wind was a problem and had to fly at about 200 feet since on the controller kept on warning me about high winds so I tried to stay as low as possible

Bay front in Sausalito in an unrestricted area at about 4.30 pm
Flew over the water not to upset anybody
Wind was a problem and had to fly at about 200 feet since on the controller kept on warning me about high winds so I tried to stay as low as possible

thanks!
Flying is a challenge in those ocean to bay areas!
And the mornings are always foggy!

Great view of the Golden Gate Bridge from a distance.Flew towards it over the water from Sausalito
Commnets appreciated

Really nice. I went over the bridge in 1985 whilst travelling in the US, from NZ. It brings back some great memories! Thanks for posting. I was also interested to see the video because I, too, own a Mavic Air 2. Did you use the digital zoom? Looking at the sun angle from the right and the distant haze, a polarising filter may have given you some further variety, also - sky, bridge and water. I have some good quality Polar Pros (plus their ND’s) and they are very handy, if you have the sun off at about 90 degrees to the flight line. I thought you may have stayed at the chosen altitude to stay out of potential light plane flight paths, but wind over the sea would certainly invite caution! ?? ? Cheers. ????

Greetings! Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Really nice. I went over the bridge in 1985 whilst travelling in the US, from NZ. It brings back some great memories! Thanks for posting. I was also interested to see the video because I, too, own a Mavic Air 2. Did you use the digital zoom? Looking at the sun angle from the right and the distant haze, a polarising filter may have given you some further variety, also - sky, bridge and water. I have some good quality Polar Pros (plus their ND’s) and they are very handy, if you have the sun off at about 90 degrees to the flight line. I thought you may have stayed at the chosen altitude to stay out of potential light plane flight paths, but wind over the sea would certainly invite caution! ?? ? Cheers. ????
Thanks for your comments.Actually that was taken with the new Air 2 S.I also have th Air 2 but the resolution may be better with the larger sensor.The issue in that area is the restrictions around the bridge as well as the wind.I took off from Sausalito which is a beautiful little town and flew along the water and got good views of the bridge with the help of the Zoom.On th controller I kept on getting wind warnings so had to drop my altitude way below 300 feet to be safe.I live in Texas so that was a fun trip.The weather there can be unpredictable and so was happy with what I got and not losing the drone

Reactions: DavidT_ NZ
Thanks for your comments.Actually that was taken with the new Air 2 S.I also have th Air 2 but the resolution may be better with the larger sensor.The issue in that area is the restrictions around the bridge as well as the wind.I took off from Sausalito which is a beautiful little town and flew along the water and got good views of the bridge with the help of the Zoom.On th controller I kept on getting wind warnings so had to drop my altitude way below 300 feet to be safe.I live in Texas so that was a fun trip.The weather there can be unpredictable and so was happy with what I got and not losing the drone
Also view

Reactions: DavidT_ NZ
That lighthouse guards the beautiful but deadly San Francisco straits into the bay. Can't even imagine what a welcome sight it must have been to ships in the past. Thanks for giving us a look!

That lighthouse guards the beautiful but deadly San Francisco straits into the bay. Can't even imagine what a welcome sight it must have been to ships in the past. Thanks for giving us a look!
Thanks for responding...It was an awesome sight and fun to fly around

Both Videos are great!

Also view
Thanks for posting this one, also. Very nice location. Having enjoyed taking photographs for many years, I think that it is simply brilliant that we now have these small, high resolution, stable, affordable, portable drones to be able to film from such fantastic viewpoints. Over the sea, you just need to keep your faith in the batteries ….. ? ???? Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada