DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying high

MavicCBR

Reactions
Hi,
Im wanting to expand on my drone skills and thinking of more aerial photos looking back down over an object/surface ie:looking down over a beach during the day.

Is there any settings I need to make sure are on or off if I want to fly upwards?
How high is a comfortable altitude for the Mavic?
Do I need to have r/c or wifi selected on the Mavic itself?
Should I use tripod mode to get the best quality of image possible?

Ive only gone up 200meters due to the 'unknown' real height of the Mavic.
Any advice on this topic would be great.

Reactions: Bigfoot
If you are in the U.K., you should stop at 120m (400ft). If you are outside the UK then check your country's own regulations.

I set mine at 117m.

It should be in R/C mode, you don't need any other settings. Tripod mode will be nice and steady up there, but you won't need it on the ascent.

Have fun.

If you are in the U.K., you should stop at 120m (400ft). If you are outside the UK then check your country's own regulations.

I set mine at 117m.

It should be in R/C mode, you don't need any other settings. Tripod mode will be nice and steady up there, but you won't need it on the ascent.

Have fun.
Thanks for the advice gremlin16. Im in Australia and think its about the same. I wanting to practice before taking it overseas with me where i can climb higher. Ive seen some pics floating around of shots clearly several hundred metres up and want to eventually end up at that height - bit of work to go between now and then.

If your in an area close to an airport (any kind) I would suggest calling in and getting permission to fly over the specified height by your laws (120m probably) and scan the sky for airplanes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa