DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in/around NYC?

InterstateP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Completely new to the scene and dove in on a MA2. Looking for great spots to fly/shoot in the greater NYC area. Basically anywhere I won't be harassed for trying to learn the ropes about aerial photography. Also interested in any hobbyist/enthusiast groups in the area. Thanks!

Thanks for this...I’m actually looking for places a little outside of city boundaries that people have successfully flown at. I appreciate the link!

Hi, Just wondering. Did you manage to find a place? I too am looking for the same. I can't believe how hard it is to find clear information on this.

I’ve had some luck getting in the air locally but I’ll probably head out to the Westchester area next weekend and I’ll update you on what I come across. I think you can safely fly out on the east end of the island, which is probably a lot closer for you. That’s actually somewhere I’ll probably hit at some point as well. It is a bit tough getting an easy place to fly because we have LGA and JFK smack in the middle of the boroughs, it feels like. ?

Last edited:
. It is a bit tough getting an easy place to fly because we have LGA and JFK smack in the middle of the boroughs, it feels like. ?

Ya. I didn’t even think about this till you just pointed it out. You guys in the city have it way worse in terms of legal/safe places to fly.

On the other hand, regardless of where you take off from, you always have something interesting to see.

Reactions: InterstateP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ