DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

flying in hawaii big island & national parks

I am going to Kauai, Hawaii and i am wondering whether i am allowed to fly my dji Mavic air there.

I flew there 2 weeks ago with no problems at all. There’s only a couple NFZ’s on the island (both airports and the barking sands military installation on the NW corner).

Hello all.
I will be travelling to Hawaii shortly and if anyone can give me the current rules beside the FAA rules for flying in restricted airspace in Hawaii.

Any info especially from residents of Hawaii...aloha

Kauai has a few National Parks, but mostly State Parks. You should get permission to fly in the SPs beforehand. NP are off limits to take off an land in.

Also, there is much military aircraft activity, especially along the S and W coasts where there are bases, airstrips, and missile ranges all over. I believe there are NFZ defined and TFRs pop up as well. Additionally, there are electromagnetic interference and radiation warnings all over. Check all available resources including sectional charts for where you want to fly.

Thanks, but how do I get permission to fly in stateparks. Also,what about traveling through airports. Should I check it or keep it in a carry on.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deauxpamine