DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Las Vegas, Flagstaff, Phoenix and everything near.

fcarpio

Reactions
I know that there are restrictions to fly in many places, especially in national parks. I am going to fly into Las Vegas and fly out from Phoenix and I will be driving from place to place. What are the best legal places to fly my drone and get decent footage? I am not familiar with the area and any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I know that there are restrictions to fly in many places, especially in national parks. I am going to fly into Las Vegas and fly out from Phoenix and I will be driving from place to place. What are the best legal places to fly my drone and get decent footage? I am not familiar with the area and any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Are you familiar with the search function on the forum though?

Last edited:
Driving towards Red Rocks I found a Model Airplane Club and the Vice President was there with a Inspire drone flying around. He was kind enough to like me fly my Mavic 2 Pro around for some shots. Also mentioned to me about the AMA and it’s insurance coverage, it’s worth checking out.

Reactions: fcarpio

Thanks but it seems you did not get my question. I was referring more to sites between Las Vegas and Phoenix as I will be driving from one city to the other.

Last edited:
Driving towards Red Rocks I found a Model Airplane Club and the Vice President was there with a Inspire drone flying around. He was kind enough to like me fly my Mavic 2 Pro around for some shots. Also mentioned to me about the AMA and it’s insurance coverage, it’s worth checking out.
Yes, thank you. I have Red Rocks in my list.

Sedona theres many places to fly but beware of the airport. If you take 89a south out of flagstaff its an awesome road to travel and many great places to fly from and will bring you south towards Phoenix. Another route from Flag would be take the Lake Mary Road south great photo ops, then at the end turn right and go to the 260 west more great photos and it will take you back to Camp Verde and the 17 south to Phoenix. Pending on how much time you have to drive theres a lot of good routes to take for flying just a lot of driving AZ is big.But all roads lead to the airport LOL if you want them to .;)Thumbswayupoh you could take 93 off the 40 that will get you to Phoenix also and theres good photo ops there to . But I think 89a south or the Lake Mary road is the best . JMO

Sedona theres many places to fly but beware of the airport. If you take 89a south out of flagstaff its an awesome road to travel and many great places to fly from and will bring you south towards Phoenix. Another route from Flag would be take the Lake Mary Road south great photo ops, then at the end turn right and go to the 260 west more great photos and it will take you back to Camp Verde and the 17 south to Phoenix. Pending on how much time you have to drive theres a lot of good routes to take for flying just a lot of driving AZ is big.But all roads lead to the airport LOL if you want them to .;)Thumbswayupoh you could take 93 off the 40 that will get you to Phoenix also and theres good photo ops there to . But I think 89a south or the Lake Mary road is the best . JMO
This is GREAT, just what I was looking for. thanks a lot!

Get the AirMap app

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas