DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Mexico City

tangy07

Reactions
I am planning to visit Mexico City just wondering if it is ok to fly my mavic air there. I have read some conflicting info saying you have to register your drone first but it is for mexicians only and foreigners can't fly. some are saying it is ok to fly. so if anyone been to mexico lately can provide some info that would be great.

Many posts on the forum... searching the forum may help. Seems the law isn’t followed by many.
Here’s a start with contacts, but I believe you have to be a Mexican citizen to fly Legally.

Reactions: Mister Pink
Many posts on the forum... searching the forum may help. Seems the law isn’t followed by many.
Here’s a start with contacts, but I believe you have to be a Mexican citizen to fly Legally.

That's great, thanks. Similar threads popping up for me now.

Already searched and google too. Too many conflicting information. The site you provided said you must be Mexican if you are doing commercial droning. Doesn't state that for hobby. But other site states you have to be mexican no matter what. Anyways i will contact them and see

Reactions: Thomas B
I'm going to cozumel in april, I ran i to the same conflicting info so i called the resort I'm staying at and they said they dont know of any restriction bringing a drone to mexico, they have no issue with me flying around the resort or off the dive boat but I would have to get permission to fly near or over any protected sights like punta sur mayan ruins from the park officials. Anyone have contacts there that say different?

Just came back from Mexico City. There are some places i found that i can fly but decided against it in case i get into trouble and can't communicate.

Disappointed that i had to use my phone instead.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60