DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Norway

Aron830

Reactions
Hello all,

I'm traveling to Norway (Trømso) from the UK in a couple of weeks. I'm wondering if it's worth taking my Mavic or weather it will cause more hassle than it's worth. I'm flying with Scandinavian airlines from Manchester UK.
Has anyone had any experience flying in Norway and taking a mavic through customs?
Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hello all,

I'm traveling to Norway (Trømso) from the UK in a couple of weeks. I'm wondering if it's worth taking my Mavic or weather it will cause more hassle than it's worth. I'm flying with Scandinavian airlines from Manchester UK.
Has anyone had any experience flying in Norway and taking a mavic through customs?
Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks

I Dont know about the weather, but you should bring the drone Anyway. Should be some Nice scenery there. SAS airline follow IATA's recommandation about transporting Lithium batteries On planes:
http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/LithiumBattery_PassengerFlyer.jpg

I live in southern Norway! Bring warm finger gloves with maybe just the fingertips exposed! It gets cold holding the controller without protection for the fingers.

I Dont know about the weather, but you should bring the drone Anyway. Should be some Nice scenery there. SAS airline follow IATA's recommandation about transporting Lithium batteries On planes:
http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/LithiumBattery_PassengerFlyer.jpg

I live in southern Norway! Bring warm finger gloves with maybe just the fingertips exposed! It gets cold holding the controller without protection for the fingers.

Thank you for your advice. I know the laws are pretty much the same as the UK but how do the general public accept drones? In the UK it can be difficult to fly as a lot of people have a negative impression of them and I get challenged a fair bit.

Thanks for your time

Thank you for your advice. I know the laws are pretty much the same as the UK but how do the general public accept drones? In the UK it can be difficult to fly as a lot of people have a negative impression of them and I get challenged a fair bit.

Thanks for your time

Im New to Drones, my Mavic being my first, but you should have no problems using a drone, just be respectful and not use it in Peoples faces i Guess.
I think People are more intrigued by then, like "Oh, see, a drone!"

Weather even in the far north of Norway can be quite like the UK near the coast and by late Feb day length is increasing significantly.
You can bet if you don't take it you'll wish you had.