DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in sports mode close to the ground video

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you had made a mistake" is irrelevant because I didn't. I had safety covered. I had 4 people litterely. around while I was flying so that mistakes are less likely to happen.

I understand your concerns but again there's no law against flying that low to the ground.

If there is please let me know.

The idea is to fly and have fun doing it. Of course responsibly. 4 guys out looking out for pedestrians and cars on radio I think was adequate.

I'm afraid there is a pretty wide gulf between our beliefs regarding safety.

Reactions: camilo.andres
How low were you flying, not worried of pedestrians crossing?

I was flying very low at times inches from the ground.

The minute someone got on the radio and said there's a pedestrian I went straight into the sky.

I had 4 guys looking out to ensure we wouldn't hit anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I was flying very low at times inches from the ground.

The minute someone got on the radio and said there's a pedestrian I went straight into the sky.

I had 4 guys looking out to ensure we wouldn't hit anyone.

So you checked every one of those cars to make sure no one was in there too. I normally don't ***** about safety but this is stupid. Someone could have opened a car door and gotten a Mavic in the face.

Sadly stunts like that give drones and their pilots a bad name. Any public viewing that won't know you had 4 watchers on radios spread around a few blocks. If we did that in the UK we would be arrested

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: thecool32
So you checked every one of those cars to make sure no one was in there too. I normally don't ***** about safety but this is stupid. Someone could have opened a car door and gotten a Mavic in the face.

Your logic makes no sense watch the video Mavic was in the middle of the street try again. If anybody opened the door they would be far away from the Mavic. It's also a one way wide street so we only had check from one direction.

It's no different than anyone of us flying over people and highways.

That's like saying if the batterie or if any of the the other pieces decide to go bad mid-flight.

Again stop making a big thing of it nothing happened things went fine precautions and safety measures were taken.

Still doesn't look safety, I think that a footage itself needs to looks that you know what your doing, in a profesional and safety manner.

Camilo A.R Marquez
www.carmworks.com

Yes! It was planned carefully If I was unsure about anything best to believe I would have put it.

I do agree it's a bit risky but I notice people tend to lean on what could of happened over what actually happened which is flawed.

Stop flying drones then! Batteries could just die mid-flight! Props could come off and come landing on people and roofs!

I developed a plan and executed. It would be idiotic to plan something without trying to ensure some kind of safety.

Sadly stunts like that give drones and their pilots a bad name. Any public viewing that won't know you had 4 watchers on radios spread around a few blocks. If we did that in the UK we would be arrested

I really dont see how - Have you guys ever drove RC cars in the street unplanned driving will cause one to slam into somebody. I would agree if no safety precautions took place. I've seen worse.... I've seen people fly drones with a half a battery and it came down crashing... Now thats bad planning.. Those people give us a bad name. The people who want to do distance test and complain when they cant retrieve... they give us a bad name. Flying in a control environment I'd rather do any day of the week. FPV Racing have any of you tried it.. I do it all the time.. If you think my video is bad for us you haven't seen anything yet.

Reactions: jerryflah
I agree with you about distance tests but just cos rc might be worse doesn't make you right

What i'm saying is under controlled situations and experience, following the law of course stunts like that can be done.

Again nobody got hurt.... a plan was executed with zero issues. Why are we still dwelling on what could have happened vs what actually happened.

Nice video!

My only question is why didn't you fly in obstacle avoidance mode and then just speed up the video in post?

It would have been much easier to fly and safer I'd think.

Hey Man thanks... The issue I had with obstacle avoidance(and I could be wrong) - is that if a pedestrian or a car comes out of no where my movements maybe limited..... I may need to test this out.... In sport mode control over the quad is greatly increased for quick maneuvers. Again this is my FPV side talking..lol.

[QUO
Your logic makes no sense watch the video Mavic was in the middle of the street try again. If anybody opened the door they would be far away from the Mavic. It's also a one way wide street so we only had check from one direction.

It's no different than anyone of us flying over people and highways.

That's like saying if the batterie or if any of the the other pieces decide to go bad mid-flight.

Again stop making a big thing of it nothing happened things went fine precautions and safety measures were taken.

First picture is right next to a guy putting down cones and the second is within a few feet of a car. Dude you fail. It wasn't even a remotely controlled environment and flying 40mph at head level is different than flying above a crowd or highway. Kind of like a car is more likely to hit a pedestrian than a plane.

Fail1.png Fail2.png

[QUO

First picture is right next to a guy putting down cones and the second is within a few feet of a car. Dude you fail. It wasn't even a remotely controlled environment and flying 40mph at head level is different than flying above a crowd or highway. Kind of like a car is more likely to hit a pedestrian than a plane.

View attachment 6907 View attachment 6908
That guy was with me smart guy! try again......

The other guy was parked!..... If you watch you'll see it wasn't moving..... 4 people on the road with me... Would you like to see the other 3?

@Chase R - I really don't get what your issue is..... Was it risky yes... but nobody got hurt.. Stop dwelling on what could have happened vs what did happen.

There was a plan. I cant stress that enough. I wouldn't recommended anybody else to do this unless their experience and have a plan in motion.

Maybe I should have said that in the beginning of the video.

Cool32 I am not here to upset anyone or belittle your experience or skills, I just worry that with areas to fly are dwindling due to legislation, regulation and this all stems from public perception and if the public see this video or were looking out of their windows when you were filming this is just another arrow In their bow fella. Nothing happened which is great you planned it so but there is always the unexpected and no plan is fool proof. Hope you take some of this on board for your fellow enthusiasts out there.

Cool32 I am not here to upset anyone or belittle your experience or skills, I just worry that with areas to fly are dwindling due to legislation, regulation and this all stems from public perception and if the public see this video or were looking out of their windows when you were filming this is just another arrow In their bow fella. Nothing happened which is great you planned it so but there is always the unexpected and no plan is fool proof. Hope you take some of this on board for your fellow enthusiasts out there.

Makes sense and thank you for your thoughts on this. I could have been more carefully And your right the laws are finicky I dont need to make them worse great point. No plan is fool proof, wise words! Thanks man! This is all i ask for for, constructive criticism. Thank you sir!

I agree with Sday sentiment. Admire your skills as an FPV pilot. Sadly though perceptions of this fantastic hobby from the wider public at large are usually based on poor assumptions, inaccurate information and irrational facts......let's not feed their false perceptions.... There is another post/video on this forum, where the police come to a flyers rescue after a dog walker purloins his crashed drone, and they had been flying in an open park area with permission to do so. Listen to the video/audio, her attitude to both the FPV flyers and us drone hobbyists as a collective, was/is quite disturbing....

Reactions: thecool32
I agree with Sday sentiment. Admire your skills as an FPV pilot. Sadly though perceptions of this fantastic hobby from the wider public at large are usually based on poor assumptions, inaccurate information and irrational facts......let's not feed their false perceptions.... There is another post/video on this forum, where the police come to a flyers rescue after a dog walker purloins his crashed drone, and they had been flying in an open park area with permission to do so. Listen to the video/audio, her attitude to both the FPV flyers and us drone hobbyists as a collective, was/is quite disturbing....

Yeah man I didn't think about the perception when it comes to drone Pilots.

Believe it or not while the Mavic has an exceptional camera I purchased mainly to see it's its FPV capabilities what sold me was the headset that was suppose to launch with the Mavic that's yet to arrive!

Regardless i'll exercise better precaution!

These are the things I can't do with the Inspire....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure