DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Westchester?

lumelendez

Reactions
I just got a Mavic Air 2 and I was trying to find out if there are any places in Westchester, NY to fly? I noticed that most state and local parks are off-limits but are there any other suggestions on where to fly?

Download and check out “B4UFLY” app...
shows areas that are ok to fly in ... I’m thinking you‘ll probably have to travel a bit to find somewhere to fly being so close to the city ...

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!

there are places you can find to fly north of pleasantville and outside of White Plains airspace. Croton Popnt park has a model plane club, but ive heard its nto friendly to drones. but im in westchester, i fly from my kids school field alot on weekends and stuff.

Lumelendez why do you say local parks in Westchester are off limits? I have not seen anything on the Internet regarding Westchester County parks being no-nos for drones.

John

I just got a Mavic Air 2 and I was trying to find out if there are any places in Westchester, NY to fly? I noticed that most state and local parks are off-limits but are there any other suggestions on where to fly?
Lu, since posting your question, you probably are better informed about where to fly. My suggestion is to consider joining the AMA and then consider joining the Westchester MAAW club. There are mostly RC members here but like myself there are members who fly drones. I joined and only fly drones as of now. The FAA will implement Remote ID very soon and being able to go to a field and fly your drone without risk or hassle is worth it to me. Just my humble advice. HFTA!

Lumelendez why do you say local parks in Westchester are off limits? I have not seen anything on the Internet regarding Westchester County parks being no-nos for drones.

John
You can check below URL for the law surrounding state parks in NY. There is only 1 state law. You can fly over them as long as you are following FAA airspace regulations. You just can’t be in the park to launch, operate, or land without obtaining a permit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu