DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying laws in Houston Texas area

dag1

Reactions
Hello guys, I am new to the community. I am on the verge of buying a Mini SE but before i buy it, I wanted to inform myself of the flying rules in the Houston, Galveston and Woodlands areas. Can you fly over public parks? What about the beaches? I would highly appreciate it if you can help me, thanks🤙🏽

I ran across this take it as you will. I live in Brazoria county, and often fly the beaches down here with no problem. The last I know of, state parks are off limits to drones unless you get authorization from the park superintendent. I flew around Battleship Texas and San Jacinto Monument several years ago, but was unable to fly at Balmorhea State Park.

Hello guys, I am new to the community. I am on the verge of buying a Mini SE but before i buy it, I wanted to inform myself of the flying rules in the Houston, Galveston and Woodlands areas. Can you fly over public parks? What about the beaches? I would highly appreciate it if you can help me, thanks🤙🏽
The laws which impact drone flying are primarily promulgated by the FAA. All U.S. airspace is regulated by the FAA, including the airspace over state parks. The Texas Legislature attempted to regulate certain drone activities in Texas, including prohibiting the use of drones for certain purposes as specified in Chapter 423 of the Texas Government Code. Among the provisions enacted by the Legislature was a provision which prohibits a political subdivision of the State of Texas (municipality, county, school or special district, etc.) from enacting any ordinance concerning drones. Tex. Gov't Code §423.009. The United States District Court for the Western District of Texas recently held that the activities prohibited to drone pilots under Chapter 423 was unconstitutional and enjoined the State from enforcing those provisions. In the end, the FAA is the governing authority with respect to drones once they are airborne and in the airspace. On the ground, the same laws which apply to any use of real property apply to drones. If a city, county, or private landowner prohibits the property being used in some way or for some purpose, such as launching and recovering drones, then it is a violation of the owner's property rights to violate the prohibition. In the case of government owned property such as a park (city or state) or street, you have to look to the owner for its rules.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada