DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Mavic 3 in India

singh222

Reactions
If i was to hypothetically bring in a Mavic 3 from overseas and successfully get it past Indian customs, would it physically be unable to take off if its unregistered? I understand the rules pretty well but I’ll be flying in remote areas to not worried about getting “caught” and I’m of Indian origin but on an overseas passport so unable to register to fly. The laws are a bit ridiculous. Or is the whole NPNT based more on trust and risk of consequences?

The drone is not geo-locked based on your citizenship, or country registration status, if that's what you're asking. However, I recommend complying with local laws at all times.

Reactions: singh222
Do you want a truthful answer or a hypothetical one?

You are going to a nation of billions of people. You can't go for a pee behind a tree without somebody seeing you. I looked at doing research using a UAV (drone) to detect leaks in Indian irrigation channels. I surrendered and forgot this research project mainly because everything I wanted required a brown paper bag full off rupees to be passed over before any applications for approvals were even accepted. Also I was accused of being a spy because I had a hand-held GPS on a train. So, flying a drone, unauthorised, in India...you are just asking for trouble.

You are going to a nation of billions of people. You can't go for a pee behind a tree without somebody seeing you. I looked at doing research using a UAV (drone) to detect leaks in Indian irrigation channels. I surrendered and forgot this research project mainly because everything I wanted required a brown paper bag full off rupees to be passed over before any applications for approvals were even accepted. Also I was accused of being a spy because I had a hand-held GPS on a train. So, flying a drone, unauthorised, in India...you are just asking for trouble.
I’m going to be in the mountains doing multi day treks away from any local police and flying within my line of sight. The average person does not care about a drone being flown. I’m also Indian so I wouldn’t get picked out from afar as a “foreigner” like I would if I was white

The drone is not geo-locked based on your citizenship, or country registration status, if that's what you're asking. However, I recommend complying with local laws at all times.
Yeah I was more so wondering if the Indian drone app where you request permission before you take off was somehow linked to the DJI app, where I would not be able to take off without said permission from the Indian app

Hypothecal answer: Take the drone, there are no rules.
Truthful answer: Google "flying a drone in India". Here is one that I found. Click Here

I’m going to be in the mountains doing multi day treks away from any local police and flying within my line of sight. The average person does not care about a drone being flown. I’m also Indian so I wouldn’t get picked out from afar as a “foreigner” like I would if I was white
Okey dokey. If you had mentioned that you were of Indian heritage I would have been more polite. But also this suggests that you understand how the Indian Government works and the above reference from G Fields the moderator, is very applicable. We wanted to fly an Australian University's Phantom 4 with a multispectral camera and as I said earlier...in the finish my supervisor and myself just surrendered.

Yeah I was more so wondering if the Indian drone app where you request permission before you take off was somehow linked to the DJI app, where I would not be able to take off without said permission from the Indian app
This is in no way relates to your original post/question. Why didn't you just state this from the beginning instead of "hypothetical" questions?

Reactions: Drone Master

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman