DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over an arable farm field with my Mini Pro 3

Nickyb65

Reactions
Hi,

Now that I have my new MP3 I was thinking of doing some local flying, there are arable fields near me, away from people, no livestock etc.

Standing on public land, i.e. a public footpath, can I fly (safely of course) around an arable field with this sub 250g drone or do I still need permission?

thanks

Reactions: Lastrexking
Just like the National Trust they don't own the airspace so flying at a reasonable altitude above is fine.
Be very wary of coming across livestock you couldn't see though, especially horses and to a lesser extent cattle.
Also be a little circumspect about showing anything which might be stolen if shown online, I'm thinking items like fuel tanks or quad bikes parked up normally out of sight.
Most properties have a good 'front' side will be fine to photo from a respectful distance.
I know you only mention fields but avoid showing anything a bit messy like where old machinery is dumped out of the way or something.

Just like the National Trust they don't own the airspace so flying at a reasonable altitude above is fine.
Be very wary of coming across livestock you couldn't see though, especially horses and to a lesser extent cattle.
Also be a little circumspect about showing anything which might be stolen if shown online, I'm thinking items like fuel tanks or quad bikes parked up normally out of sight.
Most properties have a good 'front' side will be fine to photo from a respectful distance.
I know you only mention fields but avoid showing anything a bit messy like where old machinery is dumped out of the way or something.
Thanks for the info, yes will take your advice.

This is my bread and butter when it comes to flying drones. I just make sure I don’t over fly the machinery, especially at this time of year when they’re harvesting.

Reactions: Nickyb65
This is my bread and butter when it comes to flying drones. I just make sure I don’t over fly the machinery, especially at this time of year when they’re harvesting.
That's good to hear. Yes, I will use common sense, not flying over machinery, farmers or anything that could be 'sensitive'. It would really be for me to gain experience with flying and will keep to altitude too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burke_chris_001