DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over roads

jamesduncan5

Reactions
Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me advice as to whether it is allowed to fly over roadside the UK? By this I mean flying sideways from one side to the other of a road that separates two fields for example. Not flying along roads. I was considering this as I was flying in the Highlands and some really nice long shots would mean flying over a road. They are not busy roads but they are fast. I have a mini 2 and am about to do the CofC and buy an Air 2S. Also if you can fly over industrial and congested areas with the CofC then you are pretty much only going to be able to fly straight up and down unless you can fly over a road At some point. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. James

its ok to cross over a road at 50m or higher try to do it when there is no or very little traffic passing, i would not overfly motorways or roads with heavy traffic ,the problem flying over or close to them, is if the drone failed over the motorway ,then the resulting damage it could cause if it hit a vehicle could have a very bad outcome ,likewise another reason for not flying near busy roads ,is the fact that drivers could get distracted if they see your drone

its ok to cross over a road at 50m or higher try to do it when there is no or very little traffic passing, i would not overfly motorways or roads with heavy traffic ,the problem flying over or close to them, is if the drone failed over the motorway ,then the resulting damage it could cause if it hit a vehicle could have a very bad outcome ,likewise another reason for not flying near busy roads ,is the fact that drivers could get distracted if they see your drone
thanks for you reply. That makes sense.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d