DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying past a ship’s bridge, got me reported

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a pretty dumb thing to fo and I'm surprised that anyone would think this play takes of any safety risk! "Next, I'm going to fly in front of cars and trucks". However, let's stick with the tanker for now..

Tankers run on general high alert prey much all the time these days due to the omnipresent threat of attack, sabotage and general interference. It's likely your flying caused quite a concern for those onboard.

Reactions: zenfly2
You fellas sound like you were all raised by Mom, who told you to never run with scissors and to eat your vegetables. Stay safe.
You sound like you're dumb as a box of rocks.. Maybe not, just sounds like it.. Many asked questions you preferred to not answer because there is no good answer but there is a reason here it's getting harder for all of us.

Really?
And what about the combustion/potential energy contained within the Lipo battery pack?

It beggars belief where some people consider it acceptable to fly without permission.

And then people moan about regulations getting stricter - is it really any wonder. (Rhetorical)
I guess the latter part of this was aimed in my general direction, however I do have to agree, potentially unsafe and somewhat intrusive.

More info needed.
But that final part flying across the ship in front of the bridge whilst it was being navigated probably not wise. Warns about dangerous cargo and no smoking so high chance of inflammable substances aboard.
How could they possibly have tied you to the drone? They may have seen the drone but not the FAA number. And who would they have reported you to?

Nice movie... :)
But it looks like in Norway? And the drone rules are clear in this country: "Keep a distance of 150 meters from people, buildings and traffic. Applies to traffic on roads, on the sea and in the air."... :)...
I don't know how they report you (?) or how do you know you've been reported ?... Except if you drone registration was as big as the "No Smoking" signs on the boat ...

Last edited:
Reactions: JS1600
You fellas sound like you were all raised by Mom, who told you to never run with scissors and to eat your vegetables. Stay safe.
And you sound like a fellow who is a tub of lard from eating unhealthy foods as well as a fellow who wears a patch over one eye because he ran with scissors, tripped, and face planted on them. Personally I don't think you were reported by anyone although you should have been. You just came in here thinking you'd be everyone's hero for the video and you got the exact opposite. You haven't answered one question about the "report" which is as much proof as I need. This hobby gets harder and harder because of you and others like you. "Stay safe" you say. That's easy. Just find out where you are and go someplace else.

Reactions: Lucas Galli
Nice video. Dumb move crossing the ship in front of the bridge. To whom did they report you to. Who contacted you about the flight?

Reactions: JS1600
All unmanned aircraft must, by law, yield to all manned aircraft. I'm assuming the same is true for all manned craft, including ships. We can't fly over vehicles or people. It seems like flying in front of a ship is the opposite of yielding. I'm certain you were breaking the law, not just going against common-sense.

Reactions: TampaTC and JS1600
Thanks for sharing and helping us learn from your mistake. I’ve done dumb stuff too. If you’re not making mistakes, your not learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser