DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Flying thru a ship

Back into the belly of the beast. Love your determination AND flying skills man.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
Excellent video! As someone who loves to dive on wrecks, this was really cool. I assume you had obstacle avoidance OFF, but I guess I'm surprised that you didn't lose signal at all? What were your settings for loss of signal? Hover, I assume. Again, well done.

Awesome flying skills. I was like oh noooo in the dark hole since the connectivity and satellites can be affected and the drone can trigger RTH. Those moments are when you need on disconnection to Hover. In the case of the Mavic 3 will do not be a problem in theory.

Awesome !!

Thanks all for the positive comments - much appreciated . For those of you wondering how it was done , collision avoidance set to off . RTH set to hover , Landing LED light manually on to assist the downward looking ground proximity sensor . Loss off signal was never going to happen as I was inside the ship on the same deck as the drone , and never more than 200 feet away with direct line of sight . No GPS whilst flying inside the hull so drone in ATTI mode . I selected this day in particular as there was practically no wind which meant minimal drift while in ATTI mode . Biggest issue was if I landed in the ship , I could not take off as a compass calibration was required due to all the steel , which meant leaving the ship drone in hand to the shore , calibrating the compass and flying back in .

Reactions: Geofff and zeusfl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard