DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying up into the fog

At that point, you could have cancelled the RTH and manually brought it down to you ... ??? That would have overridden its auto-landing sequence that was struggling with the lack of 'ground'.

I have an Air and have flown straight above through fog a couple of times with no sensor issues with manual landing. Im not sure why there would be any difference though? Sensors still pick up the ground in manual.

Billy

So much for keeping LOS (Line of Sight) on your drone...........No wonder we keep getting more restrictions placed on us. People just don't want to follow the rules.

Enough said.

I do see that someone puts strobe light on their drone. They do report that they can see it up to 4km in the dark.
It still in LOS, but....

So much for keeping LOS (Line of Sight) on your drone...........No wonder we keep getting more restrictions placed on us. People just don't want to follow the rules.

Enough said.

I guess it is breaking the rule of line of sight. Well, I had sight of mine until it disappeared into the fog anyway. In this case, the drone was directly above my position the whole time, a couple of hundred feet from the middle of a golf course at 7am. No one around. I didnt move the drone from that position as I didnt want to chance losing my bearings above the fog. I just brought it straight down again after a few shots and some video. I wouldn't exactly call it reckless behavior, thats for sure.

Reactions: JDawg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569