DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Using Mobile Device

Lastrexking

Reactions
I'm travelling to the Canary Islands on holiday and want to take the Mavic Air with me, but really need to cut down on the gear I'm taking. So, I'm thinking of leaving the remote at home and just using my iPhone. I don't really have time to do any testing so I"m wondering if any of you have experience of controlling your Air this way. Is it practical? Do all of the intelligent flight modes work - specifically Tap to Fly?

I'm not really fussed about the lack of distance as I don't fly too far away with my drones anyway.

I would not recommend it if you cannot test it. Especially if this is a one-time opportunity.

Is Tap to fly really useful over 100m distance which is the max you can do in wifi mode? :D

Speed is also much reduced.

Is Tap to fly really useful over 100m distance which is the max you can do in wifi mode? :D

Speed is also much reduced.

I tend to fly in tripod or cinematic anyway. Speed isn’t an issue, neither is distance - I’m more concerned about quality footage.

I would not recommend it if you cannot test it. Especially if this is a one-time opportunity.

Yup. Today was my last chance really, and it’s way too windy.

I’ve owned drones since the original Phantom, but never used a screen instead of sticks. So, not sure if the accuracy and control is any good.

To me not at all, you have no tactile feedback of anything you're doing. But it's very personal.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki