DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with a drone (Travel not actual drone flight)

Hi.

I spent a week in Turkey about a month ago. Took my drone and flew it many times, mostly down south and around small villages and hills etc.
I printed off their rules in both Turkish and also English just in case. The rules basically say if it’s below a certain weight and you abide by the general rules (LOS, not over people etc) you’re all good. Be careful as there are a lot of military bases around in random places so check first.
To be fair, their immigration is extremely lax and they didn’t seem concerned once. Lots of baggage scans and all they were concerned with was did I have a laptop. The drone, batteries etc must have shown up on their scanners.
The only people worried were the airlines. Out of the six I used, only Emirates wanted the drone in checked luggage. All wanted the batteries in carry on and isolated. I put them in a Lipo bag.

Thank you, could I just ask which drone you are flying please?

As I found this
  • All drone pilots who wish to fly a drone weighing more than 500 grams must register with the Turkish government prior to flying. Register here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser