DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with a phone case

That won't work on MA remote. Even though they look the same MA remote is missing screws at the bottom of the arm so you can't remove rubber parts. I too have S8+ but with Spigen case and with my case it fits (bit awkwardly) so I'm still looking for better solution.

I'm actually looking to purchase spare set of controller arms so that I can cut rubber phone grips inside.

I'm with ya. I don't wanna cut the rubber grips in case of resale some day.

I received the PolarPro today and it does it's job quite well at first look. Everything is held in place securely, and I didn't notice any antenna issues as posted in response to my previous post. I can angle the antennas at 45 degrees and have them pointing straight up the way I hold the RC, which I believe DJI recommends. I like the viewing angle as well. The mount attaches quickly and has a smaller footprint than I expected so that's a plus too.

What I don't like is the weight balance now. My phone (S8 +) with case (Otterbox Defender) is pretty heavy (8.9 ounces/253 grams). Putting that up top on the RC in the PolarPro makes the RC feel quite top heavy. Not a deal breaker for me, but worth noting I think. Being in construction I really don't wanna switch cases on my phone either.

Reactions: Mike4884

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olab