DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FN button as "take off/land".

LGM

Reactions
Hi, I have the Sprk and just got the MA, why there is no option to assin the FN button on the countroller to "take off/land" like I could do on the Spark's controller. Thank you.

Both sticks diagonally in and down=takeoff

Left stick held down=land

Both actions are already easily done with just the remote.

I prefer being able to assign things that are buried deep in the menus, rather than having multiple, easily performed controls doing the same thing.

Just my opinion, of course. I have no idea why DJI set it up the way they did.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Hi, yes I know about that but sometimes you need to l land and that command was great to have assigned to the fan button, not sure why you can,t do that only with the spark. But Thanks

Hi, yes I know about that but sometimes you need to l land and that command was great to have assigned to the fan button, not sure why you can,t do that only with the spark. But Thanks
Hi, I have the Sprk and just got the MA, why there is no option to assin the FN button on the countroller to "take off/land" like I could do on the Spark's controller. Thank you.

I had the same question/problem. I haven't figured out how yet and I don't think the Mavic air gives us that option.
Too bad, the single button push definitely makes hand landing easier.

I had the same question/problem. I haven't figured out how yet and I don't think the Mavic air gives us that option.
Too bad, the single button push definitely makes hand landing easier.

This is unbelievable, was so convenient with the Spark..

When I got my Pro I looked for the same setup to have one button takeoff and landing . It is so handy for hand launch. I guess it’s a feature that only sparky gets .

I have to admit, it does sound useful for hand landing. I have not yet attempted that feat, though I have realized that I will probably need to if I ever try to do some flights from a boat. I have thought how tricky it will be to hold the stick straight down with one hand while trying to catch in the other.

Maybe DJI feels the larger craft (than the Spark) are too much of a liability for hand-landing? Maybe if enough people request the feature, it will appear in a future FW update?

Maybe DJI feels the larger craft (than the Spark) are too much of a liability for hand-landing? Maybe if enough people request the feature, it will appear in a future FW update?

Exactly the reason. DJI doesn't endorse hand landing on anything beyond the Spark.

Reactions: pvs
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD