DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Foam Glider Fun!

• Thread starter Deleted member 160650
  • Start date
Mayby some loose free moving flaps on the wing and tow it in reverse so mavic cam can see it

It will work with anything but the minis probably because of there small payload capacity.

Since you mention payload, I see that setting on the SE and curious what it does or dont do,anything I put on me fishing dropper the props just scream,,obviously not designed for added weight but do you know what that payload is for, it mention prop guards and no wind,is it just for added weight of the prop guards ? Silly question but still learning these minis

Since you mention payload, I see that setting on the SE and curious what it does or dont do,anything I put on me fishing dropper the props just scream,,obviously not designed for added weight but do you know what that payload is for, it mention prop guards and no wind,is it just for added weight of the prop guards ? Silly question but still learning these minis
I’m pretty sure the only thing dji intends payload mode for is prop guards (lol) but who knows what else you can do with it.

You need one of those rubber band propelled props we used to have as kids to power out balsa wood planes. Maybe you'd get more air time. :)
Yeah! I just don’t know how to make it.

Good job trying to "wing it" in designing and building a "plank".

There are several "design errors" in that one that keeps it from flying better. For just a few dollars you can order this kit and have FIVE of them to play around with

Yeah! I just don’t know how to make it.
When I was a kid, we put a small hook on the tail end, underneath. We bought a small prop with the assembly that held it on the plane at a hobby store. I'll bet you could still find one on line. It had its own hook connected to the prop shaft and then we simply stretched a long rubber band between the two. Wind up the propellor, hold it and throw the plane...off it goes, for a few seconds!

When I was a kid, we put a small hook on the tail end, underneath. We bought a small prop with the assembly that held it on the plane at a hobby store. I'll bet you could still find one on line. It had its own hook connected to the prop shaft and then we simply stretched a long rubber band between the two. Wind up the propellor, hold it and throw the plane...off it goes, for a few seconds!
I’ll try it!

It will work with anything but the minis probably because of there small payload capacity.

You might run into the same problem that can occur with manned gliders. If the glider pilot pulls up too much while on tow during takeoff, he can raise the tail on the tow plane so steeply that the tow pilot can't recover. That's why tow pilots keep one hand near the tow release control.

If the model glider being towed by a drone climbed too much it, could put the tow line in the rear props or cause an attitude change the drone couldn't oppose. @MavicMiniFlyer, is that the problem you had?

You might run into the same problem that can occur with manned gliders. If the glider pilot pulls up too much while on tow during takeoff, he can raise the tail on the tow plane so steeply that the tow pilot can't recover. That's why tow pilots keep one hand near the tow release control.

If the model glider being towed by a drone climbed too much it, could put the tow line in the rear props or cause an attitude change the drone couldn't oppose. @MavicMiniFlyer, is that the problem you had?
Yes, pretty much that’s how I lost control. I technically could buy a payload release thing and attach a string to the glider.

Another member did this lifting/launching his Disc Launched Glider (normally tossed by holding a wing tip and spinning quickly and launching).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersister300