DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Focus control

Ralph thompson

Reactions
On my Inspire I can focus manually by touching the screen to select the manual focus point. AF is on but it doesn’t search for focus when u press shutter release. So when u shot, the photograph is captured quickly. I like this especially for Panos or maintaining a near subject in focus. I cannot find the same setting on the M2P. With AFC turned on it focuses when u press the shutter release which seems to cause the camera to search for focus with quite a delay before youve captured the photograph. This is very annoying inparticular when yr doing a pano. I don’t want it to focus on the shutter release but I do want to select the focus point by touching the focus point on the screen in camera view. I know I can switch to Manual Focus but then the long press on the screen focus doesn't work. Any thoughts pls?

You can program the c1 or c2 buttons as camera focus. Mine is set up that way.
I believe touching the screen will do the same.

Reactions: brett8883
Tks Pontoon-Pilot, yes agree but then I want to not have the shutter release try to focus because it often hunts. I’d like to touch the screen on the focus pt. then press the shutter to take a quick shot.

I see what you mean, if you touch the screen it does focus, if you quickly press the shutter, not halfway, it should take the pic without focusing. I can't remember. I have to try it next time I fly it.
What if you use the screen button as a shutter instead of the remote control button?

Reactions: brett8883
The easiest solution is to start in autofocus on takeoff, hover at altitude, click the screen once, then select Manual Focus. To double check focus, touch the flower icon at the bottom of the on-screen focus tool. I personally like to use the red "focus" feature as well for peace of mind.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcremona