DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Foggy Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millenium Park, Chicago

Nice!

Mini 2 last Saturday 1/27 before security politely informed me I need a permit to fly in Millennium Park. The main mission was the Bean, but it was under construction.

View attachment 172324
Nice shot.
At least they didn't arrest you. Just tell them you're from Venezuela.

• Haha
Reactions: MAVE (Little bird)
Nice shot.
At least they didn't arrest you. Just tell them you're from Venezuela.
Thanks, Dale! Nah, the security guy was nice about it. I was there primarily for handheld camera shots. Sending the drone up was only a 2nd thought, so I didnt even think about the permit thing.

I'm there all the time, I'll see what getting a permit entails and maybe bring the Mavic 3 this time if I get approved.

Thanks, Dale! Nah, the security guy was nice about it. I was there primarily for handheld camera shots. Sending the drone up was only a 2nd thought, so I didnt even think about the permit thing.

I'm there all the time, I'll see what getting a permit entails and maybe bring the Mavic 3 this time if I get approved.
I see wonderful drone videos of Chicago all of the time and wonder why Chicago is so lenient compared to other cities. I was born and raised on the north side (Sean High School) and I know the city well. I left Chicago in 1965 after med school at Univ. Illinois 1964, in the medical center and internship (1965) at Michael Reese Hospital ( now destroyed). for further training in St. Louis, then gradually migrated to Miami. All of that stuff in Grant Park was not there then.

Dale

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor