DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Foggy Morning, 100 year old train viaduct - Moodna Viaduct, Cornwall NY

veryzebra

Reactions
Moodna Viaduct is an iron railroad trestle spanning Moodna Creek in Cornwall NY in the middle of the Hudson Valley. Built between 1906 and 1909, it's an iron train trestle that is still used by the MTA and freight trains. It spans 3,200 feet and is almost 200 feet tall. It's the second both in height and length of all trestles east of the Mississippi River.

A LOT of condensation to clean off after flying

What’s that behind you-a train/lorry! As you flew over the viaduct. Where were you based on the ground?

Moodna Viaduct is an iron railroad trestle spanning Moodna Creek in Cornwall NY in the middle of the Hudson Valley. Built between 1906 and 1909, it's an iron train trestle that is still used by the MTA and freight trains. It spans 3,200 feet and is almost 200 feet tall. It's the second both in height and length of all trestles east of the Mississippi River.

A LOT of condensation to clean off after flying

This is the most amazing footage I've seen in a while. Really awesome! For me, it would have taken a lot of nerve to fly in that dense fog before the sun rose. My favorite shot was not long enough. The tracks receding into the fog. Loved every second of it. The music track was perfect! Very Harry Potter-ish!

Dale-

What’s that behind you-a train/lorry! As you flew over the viaduct. Where were you based on the ground?
Thank you. I was in a few different places. At first I was directly under the trestle and then later as I was leaving, I saw how bright the sun was making the colors so pulled in on the side of a country road and then eventually a driveway that the owner happened to be picking up their paper.

Reactions: twickers14
This is the most amazing footage I've seen in a while. Really awesome! For me, it would have taken a lot of nerve to fly in that dense fog before the sun rose. My favorite shot was not long enough. The tracks receding into the fog. Loved every second of it. The music track was perfect! Very Harry Potter-ish!

Dale-
Thanks Dale. Yeah, that fog wreaked havoc. That's why that one shot was short. It was my favorite too but the drone wouldn't keep a steady altitude so the footage was too jittery even after trying to stabilize it.. Matching the music to the footage shot is one thing I've been working hard on. I still need to time cuts better but I feel like I'm improving each time. Thanks for watching and for the comments.

As I just posted on YT: Beautifully flown. Great music. Great edit. Superb location under ideal, yet challenging conditions. Love it!

As I just posted on YT: Beautifully flown. Great music. Great edit. Superb location under ideal, yet challenging conditions. Love it!
Really appreciate that, thank you. Ironically that was the one location that was not planned for that day but when I saw it I just had to stop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll