DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Folding leg extensions

ruaidhri

Reactions
Hi all,
Does anyone have or seen folding leg extensions that go onto the end of the leg arms? I have seen some that attach to the body but I am looking for something to attach to the end of the arms then can remain on full time and be folded out for use and folded back when closing the drone up without needing to remove and attach each time.
Something similar to the Polar Pro version for the M2P see here Mavic 2 example
Thanks

@ruaidhri although the main reason for using the leg extensions is to increase the ground clearence ,which they do ,they also put extra strain on the front antenna housings, where they attach to ,and also in the event of a excursion into something such as a tree, or thin overhead wires ,they increase the chances of becoming entangled as well

I got landing leg extensions for my M2P because often, the only place you can take off and land from is uneven, so I'm concerned about the bottom of the gimbal or camera housing being hit or one of the tips of the propellers being scraped.

But the other part is, the landing pad that I got as a part of the kit is bright blue on one side and bright orange on another so it would attract attention.

It seems like a good idea to avoid attention in a lot of situations.

Which is also the reason why I sometimes found that I can't take off from even terrain.

Hand launch and catch are very easy with the Mavic 3 so I don't see the need for leg extensions. I used them on my Mavic Air in the past but I found out that using a landing pad was much easier and more convenient.

Hand-catching and using a landing pad are useful in "normal" situations.

However, the leg extensions would be very useful if an unexpected forced landing is needed in a grassy area. BTDT.

I used to have them on my Air2s - no perceptible effect on flight time.YMMV.

Having said this - I am not aware of any such extensions for the Mavic 3 series.

Reactions: ruaidhri
Check with Original Dobo, he has a lot of accessories and if he doesn't have some, maybe he can develop them for his store.

Reactions: ruaidhri
Check with Original Dobo, he has a lot of accessories and if he doesn't have some, maybe he can develop them for his store.
Adding anything to the drone inhibits its flying. It is better to explore other options such hand launching and catching or using a landing pad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne