DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Folding table launch....

STUFF2C

Reactions
So my wife has this small round folding table 2' round. It's like the folding chairs you fold up and stuff in a bag. I figure it would be the perfect launch pad... couple feet off the ground keeps dirt and debris out of the drone.
2 out of the 4 times I have tried to use it I got the "magnetic interference" alert . I'm guessing the aluminum erector set that makes up the framework is causing this error. Didn't think the little guy was that sensitive.
I've read about pilots having issues with concrete having to much metal in them.
Food for thought.

Can’s see it being the aluminium it doesn't interfere with magnets like iron or steel.
Obviously I could be wrong.

2 out of the 4 times I have tried to use it I got the "magnetic interference" alert . I'm guessing the aluminum erector set that makes up the framework is causing this error.
Aluminium won't have any effect on the compass .. but steel will.
Look for some screws etc.
If the steel parts are small you might just need to have 6 inches or a foot separation between the table top and the drone to get rid of the issue.

I have tried an all plastic folding table for the same reasons - launch off the ground, limit dirt etc. I was able to launch just fine, however Precision Landing ended up giving me a warning that the "ground was unsuitable" for landing. I assume because of the delta in height from the table to the surrounding ground. I have since standardized on a landing pad staked to the ground for take off and precision landing.

See the magnet stuck to the leg... well it ain't aluminum... my bad. So let's rethink this. 2019-04-25 18.19.22.jpg

What fun would that be;)

That’s a shame. Looks like it could have been a good setup.
I use one of these sometimes. Depending on what I’m doing and where I am. Never had an issues with compass, but it prob isn’t as portable as your table. Folds up to size of a large brief case
2E2176A8-71EC-4985-9EB2-609887220B3A.jpeg

How about something like this? “Ultralight” aluminum and fabric camping table. Pretty cheap and compact. Not sure how quick/easy it is to deploy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929