DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow Me Mode

@we be dronin you could try it, but i believe it would not work unfortunately due to the size of the object being followed

Reactions: dawgpilot
Try it. If you follow it closely enough, it might just work, but you will risk losing both drones, if the follower gets too close and makes contact!

Will the follow me mode work on following another drone?
I have tried it with a friend… both of us flying M2Ps…. Couldn’t get it to work. I believe the drone is too small a target, but you can try. It has been almost 2 years since we tried.

I have tried it with a friend… both of us flying M2Ps…. Couldn’t get it to work. I believe the drone is too small a target, but you can try. It has been almost 2 years since we tried.
That's why I suggested flying closer, to increase the relative size of the target on the screen, but that also increases the risk of collision, unless you can very carefully choreograph the flights. I know one of our members did a cool follow me flight with two P3's following each other using Litchi, using the exact same preprogrammed autonomous flight route, just delayed by a half second or so on the following drone!

Reactions: MA2 317
Set up a Litchi mission on both drones if applicable.

Same flight pattern for both, but the chase craft will be a couple of meters beyond the target craft.

Just a wild thought. ?

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Exactly! It's been done before!

Found it. Dirty Bird was the pilot!

I must have skipped your post and thought of Litchi.

Like minds, huh?

Thanks for digging into the web and sharing the clip.

Way too cool. :)

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure