DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Fool's Errand

AZDave

Reactions
In a previous video I had made with my drone I spotted what I thought might be a hole in a very large rock on the mountain hillside. I know that there are mountain lion in this area and thought maybe this was a cave worth checking out. To get a clear shot to the big rock and be certain I'd have good control signal I had to climb about 500 feet in elevation on a very rocky hillside before launching the drone. My .srt file says that the big rock was 2,300 away from my launch point and 800 feet higher in elevation. It was all wasted effort since it turned out not to be a cave, but simply a large bush growing out of a cleft on the side of the rock. The scenery was pretty, though, so I thought I'd share the video anyway.

In a previous video I had made with my drone I spotted what I thought might be a hole in a very large rock on the mountain hillside. I know that there are mountain lion in this area and thought maybe this was a cave worth checking out. To get a clear shot to the big rock and be certain I'd have good control signal I had to climb about 500 feet in elevation on a very rocky hillside before launching the drone. My .srt file says that the big rock was 2,300 away from my launch point and 800 feet higher in elevation. It was all wasted effort since it turned out not to be a cave, but simply a large bush growing out of a cleft on the side of the rock. The scenery was pretty, though, so I thought I'd share the video anyway.

I can see how you may have been fooled. How I wish that was a cave with the mountain lion
resting there. Nice flying.

Cool that you can send the drone to see!

I can see how you may have been fooled. How I wish that was a cave with the mountain lion
resting there. Nice flying.

Thanks!

Well, I know for certain that there are mountain lion in the area and one day I hope to capture some drone footage of one. My hillside lot is adjacent to National Forest land and a deep ravine crosses it. In August of 2019 I was throwing a ball for my dog at dusk when I heard a loud, deep-throated cat snarl from the ravine. It was almost dark by then so I went into the house to get a flashlight so I could check it out. My wife threatened to divorce me if I did, and the next morning she spotted five vultures circling above the ravine. We walked down there and found a very freshly killed and almost completely eaten spike deer that was only about 200 feet from where I had been throwing the ball for the dog. I suspect that the mountain lion would not have been pleased to have had me interrupt its meal. Score one point for the wife.

Attachments

• 1614189057664.jpeg
    1614189057664.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 2
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54