DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Footage is not on my SD card?? Help?? :/

JUJU64

Reactions
Hi everyone I'm new here and got my Mavic 2 pro 2 weeks ago.
I just went in the mountains and filmed some incredible footage.
First I flew over the hills, filmed and as it was lightly raining I landed the drone, got in the car and review the footage I had so far. So, at that point the footage IS on my card since I'm watching it on my smart controller right?

Then it stops raining and I take off again and I got like 3 meters away from a vulture siting in a tree and circled around him, etc... I never thought he would stay still looking at the drone this way. That was incredible.

So here is my problem.
I got home and none of today's footage is on the card, even though I reviewed some of it in the car proving it was there.
I can see what I filmed on saturday but all the clips from today are gone.
The SD has been formatted in the mavic. The only difference is that today I shoy in H265 / DLog.
What the hell is going on? Does anybody know why my footage is gone like that?
I'm going to use photorec to try to recover it but whether I succeed or not, I would like to understand.
Anybody has an explanation?
Thanks!

Well yes and I checked the drone's memory and there's nothing on it.

Last edited:
It is a possibility that in an instant we can forget to press the record button.
I did not capture footage on 3 critical flights in the past.
Disappointing for sure.

Reactions: Kilrah and PS01
Now that's crazy! I inserted the sd back into my laptop again and some of that footage is finally visible.
But not all of it...
Fortunately I have the vultures!

View attachment 94339
That Vulture looks like he's saying to himself "Hmmmmm, this situation is not in the instruction manual." Great shot. I find the memory sticks a source of confusion on the M2P/M2Z. I have an SD card in the drone, an SD in the smart controller, and after a flight it seems you have to download the pics/video from the drone to the smart controller? And then as an additional issue, I have some pics on the internal memory of the drone (SD card full) and I cant get them off to my phone with the DJI app like usual. I have to turn on the drone and link to the SC, and then download, although it only lets me download JPEGs, not RAW to the SC. Some pics already have the green download button highlighted, video does not. My computer doesn't recognize the SD card (another issue) and so I'm relegated to saving my phone pics on a memory stick and then plugging that into computer. Anyway, clearly there is some confusion on how to utilize the memory on the M2P.

Well I didn't forget to press record because that missing footage is the one I reviewed in my car. So I know for sure I filmed it and it was on the card. First I inserted my sd in my macbook and nothing appeared and after inserting it for the 3rd time some of that footage finally showed up... but not all of it.
I don't get it.

Try leaving the card in the aircraft and connecting it via USB, there have been problems for macs to read the card directly at times.
Once you've got the stuff off reformat the card in the mac and check the aircraft is happy with it, that a test record works and you can read it on the mac when putting the card in a reader.

Try leaving the card in the aircraft and connecting it via USB, there have been problems for macs to read the card directly at times.
Once you've got the stuff off reformat the card in the mac and check the aircraft is happy with it, that a test record works and you can read it on the mac when putting the card in a reader.
Never had a problem inserting my SD card into the SD card slot on the back of my iMac. Also just use the cards as formatted from the manufacturer. I delete files from the card once transferred to my iMac and never reformat. Has worked perfectly for a year and works perfectly for over 1000 flights now.

Reactions: Gindra
I shoot to the card and use a card reader (USB C) to offload images to my MacBook Pro. Once images are there and backed up (at least 2 places) i’ll reuse the card. I format cards in camera before each use. I have a card for each battery.

Never had a single issue. I use SanDisk Extreme Pro. CF’s in my Nikon and Micro’s in the drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka