DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Footage recover

Moura

Reactions
Hi, i was in Iceland in the begining of September and now when i saved my footage to PC i saw that i have 6 videos missing from a specific day. I only have the version that is saved on the smartphone. I do not find the original footage on the micro sds cards. Is there a app to scan for deleted or missing files on the microsd cards? Or is there another solution? Thanks in advance

If you formatted and overwritten the card that contained the missing footage, it is gone. If the card was not reused, then there's a chance for recovery. One thing you can try is chkdsk. With FAT32/ExFAT, it was not unusual for file chains to get orphaned from the directory list. If chkdsk finds an orphaned file chain, it will add it as an entry in the root folder with the CHK extension.

If you have reused the card, the only other hope is if the data of the missing files were at the end of the disk and your card reuse didn't write that far into the disk. Even then, it's data clusters without knowing where they started, ended, what their names were or in what order the clusters were used. Likely though the clusters were written in contiguous order and good software can detect a pattern to go by.

Hi, i was in Iceland in the begining of September and now when i saved my footage to PC i saw that i have 6 videos missing from a specific day. I only have the version that is saved on the smartphone. I do not find the original footage on the micro sds cards. Is there a app to scan for deleted or missing files on the microsd cards? Or is there another solution? Thanks in advance
Programs similar to EaseUS Data Recovery might be able to get the files back....depends how much data since those files were erased has been written to the SD card. I have used EaseUS on my computer to recover erased files. Good luck.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tansh