DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For all you DJI fans, you'll all be happy to know Evo2's new auto panorama stitching isn't as nearly as good as DJI's.

cgmaxed

Reactions
Here is a pic of the EVO2's panorama auto stitching. You can see that, at the horizon, it's very misaligned.
Evo 2 Auto Panorama.JPGPhoto Shop, however, fixes this issue. Here is Photoshop's results of auto stitching the same photo's.
Photoshop Auto Panorama.jpgSo for all you DJI fan's out there, you don't have to worry about EVO 2's auto stitching capabilities being better than DJI's. However, EVO 2 does do a good job at collecting the correct images for a pano. Which can be put together in photoshop.

Reactions: Saladshooter
I am sure Autel will work out the bugs in the panorama software and their recent additions to their app go quite a bit of the way to catching up to DJI's features. I was pleased to see that Autel's geofencing is set up as a warning instead of automatically grounding the bird.

Reactions: davery87
I was pleased to see that Autel's geofencing is set up as a warning instead of automatically grounding the bird.
Most definitely. I freaked at first. They used a word like "compulsory or mandatory" when they described putting the geo fence data on the app. I was thinking . Oh no, they are going to do what DJI did. Then, all it was, was to show you where the geofencing is, not block you from going into it. DJI's geofencing requires internet to get their permission to fly through it. When you don't have internet, your screwed.

No offense, but why would I be happy that another drone company’s tech isn’t as good as the one I own?
Some, but not all people, have a type of pride they take in their DJI or Autel drones. They even fight or ague over which is better. Many of the DJI Pride type of personalities enjoy the fact that, "their" drone company is better than another company. Just as Autel Pride types feel the same vs DJI. It makes them feel good and gives a sense of pride, in that they made a good or better decision on which drone to chose over another. It's just the psychology of human nature.

I am sure Autel will work out the bugs in the panorama software and their recent additions to their app go quite a bit of the way to catching up to DJI's features. I was pleased to see that Autel's geofencing is set up as a warning instead of automatically grounding the bird.
That would be great. App enhancements that control the drone and additions to the app and then tweaking those additions is a welcoming thought.

Many of the DJI Pride type of personalities enjoy the fact that, "their" drone company is better than another company
Speaking for myself, Pride has nothing to do with it ..I just don't want to buy inferior out dated stuff.
As far a geofencing goes, why would one want to take off knowing it was a in violation of airspace restrictions? Get a clearance.

Reactions: Alan_M and Meta4
Speaking for myself, Pride has nothing to do with it ..I just don't want to buy inferior out dated stuff.
As far a geofencing goes, why would one want to take off knowing it was a in violation of airspace restrictions? Get a clearance.
Autel overlaid geofencing on their map, so their users would KNOW if they need LAANC clearance or not. Even if you have LAANC clearance, DJI still blocks you from going there, if you don't have internet. With Autel, it's one step, just get LAANC clearance.

Also the Geofencing map and the way it interacts with the GPS in the drone isn't perfect.....I would like to remain in command of my own vehicle if it decided it was in a restricted area and have the opportunity to land. A major incident in June involved a Matrice drone just outside of a restricted zone. The pilot was severely injured trying to retrieve the drone from a hover when it wouldn't come down on its own because it decided it was in an off limits area..... the same area it had taken off from. The Autel system would have issued a warning but allowed the pilot to land.

Reactions: davery87
Also the Geofencing map and the way it interacts with the GPS in the drone isn't perfect....
I've actually had some of my DJI drones not load the GEOfencing data until several minutes after I went on a flight. I can't imagine what the drone would do, when thhe geofencing data finally came online while I was in a geofenced area. What does the drone do anyway? Does anybody know what happens if you are able to fly into a geofenced area, then suddenly the DJI geofencing data goes online. What does the drone do and can it be brought home?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143