DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For Best Definition at Very Low Altitude : Mavic 2 Pro OR Mavic Zoom ?

Thanks for reinforcing Florida's thoughts there Jeff Effects - duly noted. Looks like i may have to budget for a lot'a batteries and big SD card.....

Whatever drone you pick, make sure the lens is perfectly clean before each flight, as a dirty lens will blur the image.

Shoot when the light is modeling the terrain with good shadowing.
I'll keep this in mind too along with all the other very useful tips and suggestions

Last edited:
Good suggestion - mavic 2 zoom defnitiely gives a better GSD as alluded to by MrYKBQdV and Florda above. I think it might be one of those that only fully plays out in field testing. Not keen on forking out on both both models, lol. My other half has suggested I hire someone who has both models to run a test
This sounds like the best way to decide and most cost effective.

I've just flown a little test for you and pm'd the details and download link to give you something to play with.
TQ Meta4 : Brilliant - and very promising for the viability of the project.

Last edited:
1591392544745.png
1591392556776.png

Lol, these have got me stumped : they came from the article at Why the Mavic 2 Zoom is better for you - DroneDJ that says Zoom was sharper (kindly pointed out earlier by
@MrYKBQdV ) But is it just me? looking at the woodwork round the door panels of the barn, the Pro looks sharper ? What do you think folks ?
I've figured this out ! The guy has done the experiment on a mixed condition day: the four photo's (two of which I've shown above) are in different degrees of cloud. The zoom one was taken in the stronger sun, and so was less able to expose both the very light and very dark side of the barn = a bit overexposed on the front = the appearance of for poorer detail. If however, both images were to be taken in the same lighting conditions, the zoom will likely have out-performed the pro for detail - exactly as stated by many on this this thread.

Last edited:
Big thanks All - solved my dilemma - (the Mavic-Pro Zoom is the one) and you've given me lots of extra tips and vital considerations to keep in mind. Great community of Mavic Pilots - I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks.

Reactions: NonoT
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3