DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For more security

HerManSoft

Reactions
Hey DJI, not all of your Drones are toys, so why not give a short free course on Video of flight notions and basic information on safety and risk from misuse in multilingual? And firmware in the local language and not only English. Many accidents also happen because of this, needless to say, learn the language, many fly without even understanding what they are doing. Real DJI? For your non-toy Drones, start translating your firmware into the local language, also, insert a multilingual video into the Drone's memory and an official link to an online video (with course, basic warnings etc.) and magically fewer accidents will happen. Or not?

Kinda preaching at the choir ain’t ya.
Don't think they hear ya here.?

DJI has a pretty extensive YouTube channel that covers a lot of 'how-to' video's - as well as applications and news of all sorts.
Have a look here ... DJI

Reactions: Gindra
Hey DJI, not all of your Drones are toys, so why not give a short free course on Video of flight notions and basic information on safety and risk from misuse in multilingual? And firmware in the local language and not only English. Many accidents also happen because of this, needless to say, learn the language, many fly without even understanding what they are doing. Real DJI? For your non-toy Drones, start translating your firmware into the local language, also, insert a multilingual video into the Drone's memory and an official link to an online video (with course, basic warnings etc.) and magically fewer accidents will happen. Or not?

I agree that a multinational company like DJI should localize their documentation and device operating systems into several languages. But I think they do to a point.

I did a quick search and found threads on the DJI forum that indicate that some DJI products are indeed localized. Here is one example thread. The languages mentioned here as supported or coming are Chinese (traditional and simplified), English, Japanese, and with German and Spanish coming (year old thread, those might already be there).

That thread is also a good indicator that if you ask on DJI's own forum, you might have some good pointers. That's not a huge amount of languages, but perhaps you could convince them of other languages to support.

Edit: many / most of the Youtube videos (such as the ones at the link posted by FoxhallGH in post #4 above) have CC / Subtitles with auto-translate into several languages. Maybe DJI doesn't spend the effort / money hard converting their own training videos (found on the DJI home site) because of the existence of this auto-translate.

Chris

Reactions: Gindra
I agree that a multinational company like DJI should localize their documentation and device operating systems into several languages. But I think they do to a point.

I did a quick search and found threads on the DJI forum that indicate that some DJI products are indeed localized. Here is one example thread. The languages mentioned here as supported or coming are Chinese (traditional and simplified), English, Japanese, and with German and Spanish coming (year old thread, those might already be there).

That thread is also a good indicator that if you ask on DJI's own forum, you might have some good pointers. That's not a huge amount of languages, but perhaps you could convince them of other languages to support.

Edit: many / most of the Youtube videos (such as the ones at the link posted by FoxhallGH in post #4 above) have CC / Subtitles with auto-translate into several languages. Maybe DJI doesn't spend the effort / money hard converting their own training videos (found on the DJI home site) because of the existence of this auto-translate.

Chris
Thank you, however, that English, Spanish and Chinese are the most spoken languages has led to translation German why the Germans they demand it and do not buy. other languages no !!! if in a kinder egg they put warnings in all the languages of the world for possible dangers of harmless toys. I don't see why DJI can't write two lines of firmware in other languages. Absurd if you think that many (not all have studied) fly on the heads of others without understanding the messages that arrive during the flight. I find this unacceptable because it is extremely dangerous. Guys, thanks for the answers, which he signed if I had written in Italian not I would have received. Many do not know Italian and many do not know Chinese and English imagine if your flight firmware and apps were in Chinese. Could you say at the first flights to do it safely? here, I believe that apps and firmware must have local language where they are sold. They were computer operating systems, I might as well understand, but a Drone such as a Mavic fly high and fly far and security is knowing how to interpret what you do and receive in my opinion. Multilingual is a must and in my opinion, should be placed as an obligation and by law for non-toy drones. Greetings to all and thanks for the answers.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60