DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forgetful me - could I damage it?

inverted

Reactions
Hi all,

Mavic 2 is my first drone with gimbal/camera protector

When I go out flying, I never rush anything so speed/rushing things is not a problem.

But, for some unknown reason, at least one in three power up's, I forget to remove the gimbal/camera protector

Now I have a big peace of paper with big sign "REMOVE PROTECTOR" placed over the drone in it's case

Unfortunately, I did power it up at least 10-15 or even more times with protector on in the last two months
Up until now, never had any issues after power down - remove protector - power up, but I'm concerned if some damage is already done that could/will affect gimbal in the future

Does any of you, that technically work with this things, know if there is damage already done or done enough to shorten gimbal life in the future?

While on subject of gimbal protector:
is there any aftermarket gimbal protector that will not scratch expensive Hasselblad camera?
It is not that hard to put protector on or take it off but I have visible scratch marks on the camera body which doesn't look good on that expensive hardware.

Reactions: mereflyer
Hm... strange. I once forgot to pull that protector off but as far as I can remember, it holds the camera very firm. So I don't think the plastic cap can scratch the camera body because it cannot move within the gimbal protector housing?

But maybe it can damage the motors that are running and performing their self-check... moving to all minimum and maximum alignment during start-up of the drone.

portachiavi-remove-before-flight.jpg.png

I thought about attaching such a "remove before flight" patch on the gimbal ... but I needed a far smaller one than usual in aviation technology. :cool:

Last edited:
is there any aftermarket gimbal protector that will not scratch expensive Hasselblad camera?
The SunnyLife gimbal protector won't scratch the camera since it doesn't rub against the bottom of the camera when installing it. It's a lot easier to install and remove too.

1546875359228.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
Reactions: ff22
This type only supports the gimbal from the bottom. I don't think the original is just a cover, it dosen't allow any movement of the gimbal during transportation. The little hinged flap on the original is what clamps and holds the gimbal from any movement. It is a pita but I think it is better. The gimbal can bounce around some in this type of cover.

Just a heads up, I have a cover that's essentially the same just different company and in the second pic you can see the two plastic lines next to the logo, those actually have left marks on my camera body. I just got some felt stickers and put a piece in between those two lines. Now the gimbal doesnt rattle around in the cover.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinstonH