DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forgot to put my gimbal cover on my Mavic Air during transport

Reactions
Hey guys, sorry in advance for this question but I'm a newbie to this Drone Community Forum. I just wanted to ask how dangerous it is to forget to install the Gimbal cover while transporting my Mavic Air. Given the circumstances that it is in its case and put in the bag that it came with in the Fly more combo. Would this single mistake cost me to have to replace my gimbal or is this something I'm overthinking? Please help or I would not be able to sleep tonight knowing I made this mistake on a $1000 investment. Thanks to all of you!

Reactions: Johann Polt
Don't stress about it, it's very unlikely that any damage will occur.

Obviously it's better to have a cover than to not have a cover but it will almost certainly be fine, especially if secured in a case.

My sister has a mavic air and her gimble cover broke a long time ago after she accidentally stepped on it, she transports it around with no issues.

Reactions: BlackLightning831
Don't stress about it, it's very unlikely that any damage will occur.

Obviously it's better to have a cover than to not have a cover but it will almost certainly be fine, especially if secured in a case.

My sister has a mavic air and her gimble cover broke a long time ago after she accidentally stepped on it, she transports it around with no issues.
Thank you so much @Zaiforce I'm so glad I joined the forum. I cant stress it enough how worried I was. I thought I was gonna have to replace something because of a stupid mistake. I know that these drones are delicate, but then again I've seen people crash and the drone still survives. Again thank you for making me feel at ease after a long day.

Reactions: Zaiforce
Thank you so much @Zaiforce I'm so glad I joined the forum. I cant stress it enough how worried I was. I thought I was gonna have to replace something because of a stupid mistake. I know that these drones are delicate, but then again I've seen people crash and the drone still survives. Again thank you for making me feel at ease after a long day.

No problems at all, happy flying!

DJI frequently shopped back repaired phantom 3s with the gimbal clamp floating freely in the box. No I’ll effects. It’s likely if it’s still working properly it will continue to.

took mine off when I received it and its not been back on since, got a sunshade on there and cant be bothered to swap em over, tossed in a backpack, plonked on the floor of the car, still ok and no problems, might get unlucky one day, but almost a year down the line and its all ok.

took mine off when I received it and its not been back on since, got a sunshade on there and cant be bothered to swap em over, tossed in a backpack, plonked on the floor of the car, still ok and no problems, might get unlucky one day, but almost a year down the line and its all ok.
Does the sunshade really make pictures and videos look better? @John Kyte

Reactions: Tiago_Wolf
Ditto John Kyte, you'll do more damage not taking it off before booting up the bird. It is a precision instrument, the better you treat it the better it will treat you. They're only $9, so I carry a spare and have an extra at home. Another benefit is the "dust cover " effect for the lens. Don't worry, it's a pretty forgiving system for the most part.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121