DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Formatting of microSD card for mavic air vs gopro

lrhys

Reactions
Hi, I've recently got myself a Mavic Air. I also plan on using a go pro at the same time. I noticed how I need to format the micro SD Card for the Mavic Air and Go Pro respectively before use. I would just like to find out if that means that I will need two different micro SD cards, and I will not be able to share them between each device? Also, what is the best practice to clear a sd card for use? To delete files on it manually? or just reformat? or both? Thanks.

Last edited:
I use the same micro SD card for my MA and GoPro4 black - an SD card is an SD card (size wise) they're all a bit different with respect to their speed & class. But by going through the ‘format’ option in DJI 4 App this will adequately format the card for use in the drone. When I use the same SD card in the GoPro I just format it in the GoPro the usual way. It's not hard.

But he's asking about format compatibility as he wants to avoid having to format each time he swaps.

DJI uses FAT32 for cards <=32gGB, ExFAT for above 32GB. GoPro should be the same, since FAT is universal.

But he's asking about format compatibility as he wants to avoid having to format each time he swaps.

DJI uses FAT32 for cards <=32gGB, ExFAT for above 32GB. GoPro should be the same, since FAT is universal.
Thanks for your reply. So if I were to film videos on the mavic air first, and then bring that same micro sd card into the GoPro immediately after, it will work fine? It will not automatically reformat for the GoPro and delete my mavic air footage inside? I’m asking this to see if I will need to get two separate sd cards, one for each device.

I can't speak for the GoPro. Nothing should automatically format media without asking but that's not to say some devices do.

Thanks for your reply. So if I were to film videos on the mavic air first, and then bring that same micro sd card into the GoPro immediately after, it will work fine? It will not automatically reformat for the GoPro and delete my mavic air footage inside? I’m asking this to see if I will need to get two separate sd cards, one for each device.
Just get a separate card, they aren't expensive these days.

I just filmed a heap of footage with my GoPro7 Black and then took it out and put it straight into my Mavic Air and did some filming. On inserting the sd into my mac the drone footage is not there. Very annoying. does anyone know where it could be? It wasn't saved internally.

I just filmed a heap of footage with my GoPro7 Black and then took it out and put it straight into my Mavic Air and did some filming. On inserting the sd into my mac the drone footage is not there. Very annoying. does anyone know where it could be? It wasn't saved internally.
Did you remember to close off the video recording before you powered down the drone?
If you didn't, put the card back in the crone, power it up andthen power down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61