DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found a Mavic 2 Pro around 4 weeks ago in Perth / Osborne Park Western Australia

arrowbreaker

Reactions
A friend found a Mavic 2 Pro near the Barbagallo showroom in Osborne Park about 4 weeks ago - he brought it to me to see if there was anything identifying on it / does it still work etc

still flies, gimbal seems a bit suspect but camera still works too

it had an ND filter on and aftermarket black props

they saw it crash, didn’t see where the battery went, little bit of cosmetic damage

If anyone here is missing it or knows of someone who lost it let me know
- if the serial can be confirmed or what footage was on the SD we can arrange it’s return

After checking it over it’s maybe worth salvaging but workmate is going to drop it by to the police, to sort out - if no one claims it I think he can get it after a year or something?

But the footage that was on the card... CASA probably would be very interested as to how he kept VLOS during a 29 minute flight that went about 13km’s from where he took off

(for Perth people: from IKEA in Osborne Park/Innaloo across OP, over Lake Monger, West Perth, the Narrows Bridge and followed the Kwinana Fwy into South Perth near the Zoo and then back again across the Swan River, Kings Park, Subiaco and back to the hotel he launched from by IKEA

And don’t get me started on the footage flying at night through the Perth CBD around hotels etc before 4am

It's people like this that ruin drone flying for responsible pilots!!!!
That's my feeling also!
So many things get banned or restricted in Australia from misuse/dangerous behaviour, fortunately no one got hurt - it could have when it crashed (it doesn't seem to have been recording then) but at any time flying over so many busy streets and a freeway at at a significant height and extreme distance from the operator, if there was any loss of control its a 900g falling object that could have caused a shocking car crash or injured/killed someone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000