DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found a problem with the DJI Mini 2

Where are you seeing the data that says it only has 20% battery power available?

TCS
Hit the link for the battery information on the left side of the air data table in the first post for the battery information.

Hit the link for the battery information on the left side of the air data table in the first post for the battery information.
I thought I did that, but maybe I was looking in the wrong place.

I'll check again.

Thx,

TCS

That is a very interesting and very bizarre issue! Thanks @zeusfl for bringing this up and for going through the hassle of recording it as well.

I have no idea what it might be causing this, but does anyone think that the latest 1.04 Firmware update with its very vague “optimized flight safety” might have something to do with this?

Seeing as others are reporting similar issues I will be following this thread with great interest.

I have no idea what it might be causing this, but does anyone think that the latest 1.04 Firmware update with its very vague “optimized flight safety” might have something to do with this?
I think the fact that plenty of people are not having issues with the new firmware mitigates against a firmware problem. @Chaosrider said that only one of his 3 Mini 2’s (all with new firmware) had a problem which you wouldn’t expect to happen if the firmware was faulty.

That is a very interesting and very bizarre issue! Thanks @zeusfl for bringing this up and for going through the hassle of recording it as well.

Seeing as others are reporting similar issues I will be following this thread with great interest.
Has any Mini-2 flyer done a full firmware update to the current version, after seeing the problem, and then completely rebooted, and then still seen the problem?

Only one of my three Mini-2s developed the problem, and when I did the next full firmware update, and rebooted everything, the problem was gone.

It's a BIG DEAL, given my experience. I could easily have lost the drone as a result. If it had been my first flight in this area, I probably would have.

But it may have been a big deal, past tense.

Has anyone done the full update/reboot after seeing the problem, and then seen it again?

Thx,

TCS

I think the fact that plenty of people are not having issues with the new firmware mitigates against a firmware problem. @Chaosrider said that only one of his 3 Mini 2’s (all with new firmware) had a problem which you wouldn’t expect to happen if the firmware was faulty.
Yes, that's why my current suggested explanation is that it was a firmware installation failure, and the that the firmware itself, is fine.

That's the best explanation I've seen so far, that explains all of my personal observations, and all the observations that I've seen reported here.

Thx,

TCS

Reactions: maelstrom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming