DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found drone turned on

tnpaul

Reactions
Went for a 2hr drive this morning to do some flying and take pictures. I had packed my Mavic last night in its case, witch is a good soft back pack case and is made for it. When we arrived this morning I went to get the drone out and found it turned on and hot. I pulled the battery let it cool off and put a fresh battery in and did my picture taking. In looking at it it would be hard to turn on in the case and if it had happen when I was packing it last night it would have been run down. I don't know what happen, but I will never travel again with the battery in the drone.

Reactions: Pilotti100
Was the battery leds really on ... or was the battery just warm?

I think it is a good idea not to store (or transport) the drone with the battery in it.
The battery is the most likely thing to go wrong (all by itself) and you don’t want it to take out your drone with it.

Go back a few years and read the posts when DJI wanted you to totally discharge the battery every 20 hours..some said motors should be running..others said they shouldn't and then other people suggested clipping the props so the drone wouldn't fly and of course others said that you couldn't actually totally discharge the battery unless you dis-assembled it..yikes! ..I think that you might have pushed the battery on..I would be interested to hear if anyone has every had a battery come on outside the drone. I know that I haven't but I have once clicked one on when I didn't mean to.

I usually charge batts the night before too. I keep the batteries in the fire safe bags until ready for use.

Reactions: MavicPeter
Maibe it is a problem of the soft backpack. If you keep the drone in the original hard case you should be not in condition to press the battery switch, even if it is inserted in the model.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu