DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found drone

Drones weighing more than 250 grams (0.55 pounds) should have an FAA mandated sticker with an identification code (ten digit, mostly letters) and some will have a phone number to call. Maybe your local law enforcement has a lost and found? Or perhaps there's an online group, where you can post it, like "Nextdoor".

Reactions: Bobmax
Drones weighing more than 250 grams (0.55 pounds) should have an FAA mandated sticker with an identification code (ten digit, mostly letters) and some will have a phone number to call. Maybe your local law enforcement has a lost and found? Or perhaps there's an online group, where you can post it, like "Nextdoor".
Will give it a try. Thanks

If you have facebook you could post on the groups site.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

If there is an SD card in it. Check for any photos. One they may identify the owner and or location. The exif data may also have the Lon/Lat where they were taken. If there are no photos, try a recovery program to unerase them, then look of info in one of the photos or in the exif. Unerase may also reveal an owner file with information.

I found this post while looking for my stolen drone and find it... peculiar...
My vehicle was stolen in San Antonio, Feb of 2022 and the drone(along with a lot of other personal items) was inside. The vehicle was found a month later, traced back to a chop shop in town, but naturally all of the contents were gone. Vehicle theft is incredibly high in that are being so close to the Mexican border. Police shared that the only thing valuable is the vehicle, contents get thrown out, especially anything trackable/traceable. However someone who doesn't know about drones could create an account here, ask a few questions to learn just how trackable they are.
Nothing against "dcg", but I find it curious that they joined only to make this post and over 2 years later have no activity?
Maybe I'm just jaded...?

I found this post while looking for my stolen drone and find it... peculiar...
My vehicle was stolen in San Antonio, Feb of 2022 and the drone(along with a lot of other personal items) was inside. The vehicle was found a month later, traced back to a chop shop in town, but naturally all of the contents were gone. Vehicle theft is incredibly high in that are being so close to the Mexican border. Police shared that the only thing valuable is the vehicle, contents get thrown out, especially anything trackable/traceable. However someone who doesn't know about drones could create an account here, ask a few questions to learn just how trackable they are.
Nothing against "dcg", but I find it curious that they joined only to make this post and over 2 years later have no activity?
Maybe I'm just jaded...?
They’d have no reason to come back. They probably have no interest in drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett