DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found Mavic 2 Drone

Location found and serial number might help.

Reactions: Droniac
Kudos for seeking to find the owner.
Was there an FAA number on the outside of the drone?
The serial number won't get you far unless you give it to DJI, they might then message the owner but it is not guaranteed that they will and if the owner sold the drone then I have no idea of DJI's capabilities in tracing the actual pilot.

With the camera pointing away from you there is a rubber cover on the LHS of teh drone, flick the cover open using a fingernail and there may be a mSD memory card under the cover. If so press it in and then let it spring out etc. Be careful that it is not catapulted out.
If there is a card and if you can get it out, put the card in a reader connected to a computer and have a look at what is on the card.
Some foks put contact details on the card. There is a chance that quite a few of the videos are shot close to the pilot's home, if you see several videos shot in the one area that may be the owner's home area.

Also, if you pop the battery, there might be contact info under that too.

Hopefully you will find something to connect to the owner.

When you have the microSD card in the reader, maybe photos and / or video can give you a clue if all else fails . . . although some might feel uncomfortable looking through peoples files, mostly drone operators are shooting landscapes and the likes, a drone owner would surely forgive this if someone managed to get their drone back to them.

edit (my usual at least one) typo

Last edited:
I attach my address and phone number under the battery, plus reward info if found.

I found a Mavic 2 drone today. Help finding the owner???
Might sound silly obvious but I’ve know a few to put info under the battery or on the battery floor only seen when battery removed. 🤷🏻
Godspeed and great stuff!!!

Might sound silly obvious but I’ve know a few to put info under the battery or on the battery floor only seen when battery removed. 🤷🏻
Godspeed and great stuff!!!
I used a P-touch tape with phone number along with one for serial # to the top of my Air2 should something happen. Wished I had done that to my Mini before the crash, but doubtful it would ever be found anyway.

I used a P-touch tape with phone number along with one for serial # to the top of my Air2 should something happen. Wished I had done that to my Mini before the crash, but doubtful it would ever be found anyway.
Dang. Point taken. Been there. :/

Also, if you pop the battery, there might be contact info under that too.

Hopefully you will find something to connect to the owner.

When you have the microSD card in the reader, maybe photos and / or video can give you a clue if all else fails . . . although some might feel uncomfortable looking through peoples files, mostly drone operators are shooting landscapes and the likes, a drone owner would surely forgive this if someone managed to get their drone back to them.

edit (my usual at least one) typo
I hereby authorize anyone who might ever find a drone of mine to look at what's on the SD card to try to find me!

Of course, I should have my PI license plate by early next week...

;-)

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin