DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Found the sun on Mt. Rigi in Switzerland!

Wow, awsome how did you do the amazing txt appearring behind the trees ?
Thanks, it was quite complicated with several color and luminance mask and som "manual" masking. But basicly the same principle as Greenscreen. Gladly the trees were quite different in color and brightness from the background. Otherwise it would have been a lot more work ;)

I woke up from my winter hibernation, let me know what you think!
Did you avoid the CTR zone on the Vitznau/Lake Lucerne side or get permission to fly?

I'm surprised parts of Rigi, especially towards the north towards Goldau and parts of Zugersee have no restrictions, at least in the federal drone map.

Did you avoid the CTR zone on the Vitznau/Lake Lucerne side or get permission to fly?

I'm surprised parts of Rigi, especially towards the north towards Goldau and parts of Zugersee have no restrictions, at least in the federal drone map.
I avoided all the control zones. In canton of lucerne (which is close by) you're not allowed to fly over water. That's the only special restriction i know of in the region. I use the Swiss drone maps app to see all the local restrictions.

I avoided all the control zones. In canton of lucerne (which is close by) you're not allowed to fly over water. That's the only special restriction i know of in the region. I use the Swiss drone maps app to see all the local restrictions.
Thanks, good to know.

I spent a little over a week in Switzerland, in Bernese Oberland and Vaud.

I mainly flew only in Oeschinensee, when it was relatively few people there. I think because early in the morning, it was still overcast or a lot of fog.

But I skipped chances to fly in Brienzer Rothorn, Niederhorn and Lavaux vineyards as well as Rocher de Naye. Part of the problem in some of these places is that there were a lot of paragliders.

So I had checked with the companies running these venues, the ones selling the cable car and mountain train tickets and they said it was okay to fly.

But I ended up not flying because I didn't want to risk crossing paths with the paragliders. There was also limited visibility. For instance, it took me an hour to get up to Brienzer Rothorn, after waiting an hour at the bottom. Then in an hour, the fog rolled in and covered up Brienzee.

But it's great to hear there are places to fly in the Luzern area, one of my favorite places with Pilatus, Rigi and Stanserhorn all nearby.

Thanks, good to know.

I spent a little over a week in Switzerland, in Bernese Oberland and Vaud.

I mainly flew only in Oeschinensee, when it was relatively few people there. I think because early in the morning, it was still overcast or a lot of fog.

But I skipped chances to fly in Brienzer Rothorn, Niederhorn and Lavaux vineyards as well as Rocher de Naye. Part of the problem in some of these places is that there were a lot of paragliders.

So I had checked with the companies running these venues, the ones selling the cable car and mountain train tickets and they said it was okay to fly.

But I ended up not flying because I didn't want to risk crossing paths with the paragliders. There was also limited visibility. For instance, it took me an hour to get up to Brienzer Rothorn, after waiting an hour at the bottom. Then in an hour, the fog rolled in and covered up Brienzee.

But it's great to hear there are places to fly in the Luzern area, one of my favorite places with Pilatus, Rigi and Stanserhorn all nearby.
Oeschinensee is also still on my list (probably next year).

Yes to avoid the paragliders, you need to go up as early in the morning as possible ;)

The weather can change very fast in the mountains, so use the opportunity when the view is nice ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857