DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV first flight with Litchi and Mavic Pro

4Buzz

Reactions
Going to try my first flight with FPV goggles and Litchi App. Anyone have any pointers? I've been flying the Mavic since December. Looking for suggestions/tips for the Litchi App and the goggles.

Appreciate any thoughts

Going to try my first flight with FPV goggles and Litchi App. Anyone have any pointers? I've been flying the Mavic since December. Looking for suggestions/tips for the Litchi App and the goggles.

Appreciate any thoughts

Be careful. The newest firmware of the Mavic and Litchi don't mix well. We have a forum member who had a rather violent crash of his Mavic, through no fault of his own, by flying with Litchi. It happened when he switched to Sport mode.

It's funny you say that. I've resisted upgrading to the latest firmware on the Mavic. Any suggestions? Or would you just wait it out until another update or Litchi software update?

Puzzled...

It's funny you say that. I've resisted upgrading to the latest firmware on the Mavic. Any suggestions? Or would you just wait it out until another update or Litchi software update?

Puzzled...

I'd personally use the DJI Go app to fly in the meantime.

Don't let an the app crashing catch you off guard. I've had it crash multiple times on me, particularly when switching from vr to the phone camera view mode (forgot what they call it).

Lichti is asking users to wait till DJI releases another firmware update to solve the incompatabiities rather than the Lichti developer team rewriting code that would allow the safe operation of thier 3rd party software. Seems kinda backwards, but DJI did break it with thier latest firmware upgrade so I guess they need to fix it.

As far as recommendations . I would not enable head tracking for control of the drone when in FPV.

It is easy to bring in the Mavic in real close to finish up a flight and rip your goggles off your head forgetting that head tracking (the position of the googles you just ripped off your head) is still turned on and is responding to one pulling the goggles off and the position of the device within the goggles. In this mode the Mavic will respond to the orientation of the goggles in ones hand that is moving up (off of head) and then down (bringing in front of face and lowering) and then to one side as the goggles and device are moved to either ones right side (next to leg) or left side (next to leg).

Super easy way to crash which would be totally pilot error.

While on this subject has anyone seen or read anything about the DJI goggles lately? I think they are suppose to match up somehow with the Mavic Pro.

Shoruk3n - thanks for the input.
BDOG, thanks for the input and suggestions. Looks like I'll probably wait a little while for compatibility between apps. Not sure how I will know when DJI and Lichti are compatible? Probably by reading in this forum.
hychewright - I've tried to find out the same thing but so far nothing on the DJI goggles.

It's fully safe to fly with Litchi in Cardboard mode using goggles, as long as you don't use the head tracking features. I do it all day without issues and Litchi has never crashed on my Sony Xperia XZ since I've got the Mavic at December 6th.

I use litchi for vr goggles here in Spain is normally bright and sunny and easier to see with goggles be and fly more precisely. I use a modern xioami note 4 phone and had to turn USB debugging on in developer settings to get it to work.
Keep the goapp in a delete part of phone otherwise litchi won't start... It works well with no crashes although had some with older types of phones IE an LG.
Not found a better vr program than litchi and have flown long

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using MavicPilots mobile app

Litchi also supports showing the phone camera in VR mode instead of the Mavic camera. If you will place the toggle function on a remote button, e.g. the 5 way switch, you can take off with seeing the Mavic from outside and later switch to the Mavic camera, without removing the goggles.

Be careful. The newest firmware of the Mavic and Litchi don't mix well. We have a forum member who had a rather violent crash of his Mavic, through no fault of his own, by flying with Litchi. It happened when he switched to Sport mode.
Hence why you dont upgrade. I use the older version and it works like a dream

Puzzled...
The older vesions work well. I never uograded to ver 5

I have been following all the treads, including this one regarding the Litchi app and fpv. I have had the MP for a month now and have resisted from using the app entirely until today... bought the app a few days ago and got familiar, took the Mav for a cruise in Fpv mode and it ran like a dream on two seperate flights (2 batteries used). I kept it out of immersive mode and also the mode with camera tilt, using all input from the RC. It was awesome. I did a lot of research and I am aware that there are some compatability issues between the dji update and the litchi app but this is just a success story- no issues during flight: All input from the RC to the drone was decisive and the camera was not laggy whatsoever, hovering with the app was smooth even with a slight wind.
If anyone out there is in the same predicament I previously was, worrying about Litchi FPV and using the Mav; this control setup with a spotter the whole time was a success.

Reactions: jasoraso
Vr works fine for me with litchi, you may need to delete goapp and other programs for it to work properly, also activate usb debugging in developer options.
In fact its been much more reliable than the goapp 4
what better VR program is there?

@Cyberpower678 is this a reproducible problem? I haven't seen this and didn't find mention of it in a quick search. Was it in FPV mode? Haven't tried that yet. I haven't flown in a couple of weeks but have been having frequent crashes with Go4 (disconnects or Go4 simply disappears/closes after flying for a few minutes) but Litchi has been stable for me with my Moto Z Play w/Nougat. I'm also a version or two behind the latest firmware IIRC. .500 on mine still I think.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots