DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV Mode?

Northwood Mediaworks

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hi all.

So while I was exploring the Mavic Air 2's modes out in my country field yesterday, I decided to switch the Gimbal mode from Follow to FPV.

I had seen a demo video from someone in France a few weeks back and it was pretty cool to see the banking. But, when I switched into FPV mode, nothing changed. The setting was definitely FPV, but despite my making lots of hard turns, the mode continued to appear to be in Follow. I stopped and started recording, the only thing I did not try was flipping it into Sport mode too. Once I get the chance I will try this too. Its actually funny that this mode is available at all, seeing as goggles are not supported (yet).

Flying with the iOS 1.1.3 Fly app. All firmware current. The manual is no help on this matter.

Anyone have any insights on this? Thanks in advance.

Well, problem solved, thanks to someone over at the DJI forum. Seemes you have to turn with both sticks, not just the yaw stick to produce roll. Gonna check it out Tuesday as the weather here is supposed to be good to fly!

Well, problem solved, thanks to someone over at the DJI forum. Seemes you have to turn with both sticks, not just the yaw stick to produce roll. Gonna check it out Tuesday as the weather here is supposed to be good to fly!
Link to that Thread? I dont think i understand still but am interested...

Link to that Thread? I dont think i understand still but am interested...

yes just found this ,seems dji changed the sticks in latest firmware.

As I've noticed, FPV mode works different as I knew from before. Right stick left and right doesn't tilt the gimbal but flying corners (right stick up, left stick left/right) tilts the gimbal. You can in addition support cornering with sidewards movements as it may look more realistic but for me it works now already perfect.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andresc.castrog