DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fpvcamera app and your experience?

Red_Raven

Reactions
What are you people take on fpvcamera app?
Any known issues I should know of or should I simply not use it?

I bought it to be able to run waypoints until litchi and autopilot wipe dji's *** and they'll be usable again.

I don't have it but it's probably the best app for long distance flyers because it has a mah/mile(or km) readout.

I wish somebody who has it would finally settle the question of the best speed to maximize flight distance. Of course that varies depending on wind speed and direction. The readout could tell you what the best speed is at any point with a little trial and error.

Since there's no way to know the actual winds aloft with Mavic (no ATTI switch) this may be the next best thing.

I've been happy with Litchi but I'm tempted to get FPV Camera if only to settle my curiosity.

Reactions: Red_Raven
A new FPV Camera v3.5 update just released with improvements and fixes below. Some improvements like Infinity Focus & Focus Lock are tailored for Mavic.

General:
  • New: Infinity Focus Calibration
  • New: Focus Lock
  • New: Added all available DJI platforms in Aircraft Type
  • Fixed: Phantom 4 Pro & Inspire 2 hardware decoder issue
  • Misc UI & bug fixes
Mission Planner:
  • New: Custom configuration for both Panorama and Pano-WP missions, including
    • Pano Order: By Column, By Row
    • Row: 1...10
    • Column: 3...24
    • Width: 360°, 10°...355° for non-360 panoramic shot
    • Tilt Start/End: +30°...-90°
    • Delay Before/After: 0...30 seconds
    • Nadir: On/Off
  • New: Custom configuration can be saved in Pano-WP mission & sync across multiple iOS devices via iCloud Sync
  • Fixed: Tap small window to toggle between map/FPV views instead of camera focus

A new FPV Camera v3.5 update just released with improvements and fixes below. Some improvements like Infinity Focus & Focus Lock are tailored for Mavic.

General:
  • New: Infinity Focus Calibration
  • New: Focus Lock
  • New: Added all available DJI platforms in Aircraft Type
  • Fixed: Phantom 4 Pro & Inspire 2 hardware decoder issue
  • Misc UI & bug fixes
Mission Planner:
  • New: Custom configuration for both Panorama and Pano-WP missions, including
    • Pano Order: By Column, By Row
    • Row: 1...10
    • Column: 3...24
    • Width: 360°, 10°...355° for non-360 panoramic shot
    • Tilt Start/End: +30°...-90°
    • Delay Before/After: 0...30 seconds
    • Nadir: On/Off
  • New: Custom configuration can be saved in Pano-WP mission & sync across multiple iOS devices via iCloud Sync
  • Fixed: Tap small window to toggle between map/FPV views instead of camera focus

I've used this app for the p3 and it's great when using goggle mode but with my Mavic I notice the video feed is very laggy and unpractical for use. I've updated the app as well and it's still not working. Can you help?

I've used this app for the p3 and it's great when using goggle mode but with my Mavic I notice the video feed is very laggy and unpractical for use. I've updated the app as well and it's still not working. Can you help?
Worth to check the startup procedure from the website, copy-and-paste as below. Turn on Airplane mode seems to help.

Power Cycle Startup Procedures
  1. Optional - Open FPV Camera app with internet connection to cache map data for offline use, if necessary.
  2. Optional - Turn ON Airplane Mode on iPhone/iPad or turn OFF Mobile Data for FPV Camera app. DJI SDK keeps sending significant amount of data back to China when there is an internet connection, which drains more iPhone/iPad battery, network/mobile data and other resources.
  3. Shutdown (double-click home button and swipe out) both DJI GO/GO4 and FPV Camera apps, as well as all other third-party DJI SDK apps.
  4. Turn on aircraft and remote controller with USB cable (or Wi-Fi for P3S/4K) connected to your iPhone/iPad.
  5. Open FPV Camera app to prepare takeoff.

In my case I have no lag with FPV Camera and iPhone 6S+, even keeping data connection.

So far it is the best FPV App for Mavic.

[*]Optional - Turn ON Airplane Mode on iPhone/iPad or turn OFF Mobile Data for FPV Camera app. DJI SDK keeps sending significant amount of data back to China when there is an internet connection, which drains more iPhone/iPad battery, network/mobile data and other

Well now, THIS is interesting. Can you elaborate on what it sends?

I've flown 11 times for 50 minutes of total flight time and dji has only used 245mb of data.

Well now, THIS is interesting. Can you elaborate on what it sends?

I've flown 11 times for 50 minutes of total flight time and dji has only used 245mb of data.
It's about ~5MB data transferred every minute (245mb/50min). I think that's good enough to transfer EVERY single detail of the drone (such as lat/long, altitude, heading, battery, cell voltage/current, speed, pitch, roll, yaw, drone leveling, camera tilt, etc.) in real-time EVERY 0.1 second. Thus, all your flights are on record.

FPV Camera is by far the best app for this. Simple to set up and miles ahead of the others.
No issues with the latest software update either.
Hi I have found it easy to use but no idea or help on doing my first 360 picture, what do I do with the pictures to create a 360 ?

Love FPV Camera for target waypoint missions - flawless!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki